• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
SIgh AS is just getting worse now [expletive] AS
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
SIgh AS is just getting worse now [expletive] AS

[as] is worse because they're bringing new episodes of Bleach? Gift horses...

For a block of programing that premiered as a one-night-a-week deal of original American animation with only Cowboy Bebop tacked on at the end, you people sure expect a lot.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
So... FMA:B disappears at the end of this summer never to return to AS? Or are they waiting for the Dub to be completed? The damned show is long enough, taking a hiatus means it won't be finished airing until sometime in 2012 airing it an ep. a week.

GitS and Bebop: gone. To be replaced by KotH (boring) and Boondocks (funny and subversive social commentary, but it ain't anime, neither are).

Kekkaishi... Who cares?

Bleach... Does anyone *still* watch Bleach in the US?

[sarcasm] What wonderful news, AS [/sarcasm]
CanadianCrippler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
King of the Hill is the replacement?

Is this the beginning of the end?
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
I think the whining in here is more ridiculous than AS' changes.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
So... FMA:B disappears at the end of this summer never to return to AS? Or are they waiting for the Dub to be completed? The damned show is long enough, taking a hiatus means it won't be finished airing until sometime in 2012 airing it an ep. a week.

GitS and Bebop: gone. To be replaced by KotH (boring) and Boondocks (funny and subversive social commentary, but it ain't anime, neither are).

Kekkaishi... Who cares?

Bleach... Does anyone *still* watch Bleach in the US?

[sarcasm] What wonderful news, AS [/sarcasm]

1. It says hiatus meaning it'll be back later. They rarely cancel anything before completion.

2. It's hard to get to upset about this, personally. While it's true that anime is being replaced by something else, those two shows have been aired so many times that I don't think anyone will care beyond the fact that it's not anime. I've seen those shows many, many times over now, and have owned the DVDs for years, so no great loss.

3. I'm sure someone cares about Kekkaishi. It's better than nothing, yes?

4. Lots of people still watch Bleach on TV. When they air new stuff it usually rates in the top 3 for the night with hundreds of thousands of viewers. And personally, I care because that is how I watch Bleach. There is nothing available on the sites like Hulu that isn't subtitled, so it TV for me.
jonindarkrai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
Koth and boondocks are okay, but anime is the best, IT SUPOSED TO BE ANIME ALL NIGHT NOT MEDIOCRE AMERICAN SHOWS! Id be okay with this if they showed bleach through out the week or anime in genreal, Id like to see fma brother hood continue. It looks like there conttinuing Inuyasha though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
So since it's KOTH, I imagine this means they'ye just going to repeat the first block over again like all the other days.

Guess I'll be able to get some sleep before waking up early on Sundays now.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
jonindarkrai wrote:
Koth and boondocks are okay, but anime is the best, IT SUPOSED TO BE ANIME ALL NIGHT NOT MEDIOCRE AMERICAN SHOWS! Id be okay with this if they showed bleach through out the week or anime in genreal, Id like to see fma brother hood continue. It looks like there conttinuing Inuyasha though.

Devious satire, or a disturbing true portrait?

YOU DECIDE!
Maruna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote
The original airing of FMA took a hiatus around the mid-point too. Whether they're waiting for dubbing to continue or just artificially prolonging the show's run, I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm certain it will return.

Just think about it as being broken up into multiple seasons. I feel this approach does well to make you appreciate each episode a little more, but that's just me.

Now, Bleach, on the other hand. I don't know what Bleach's schedule was before the hiatus, but when they were airing two new episodes per week, it was actually kind of watchable. It's a little disappointing to see it return to a single episode, but maybe we were just spoiled.

Last edited by Maruna on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
So since it's KOTH, I imagine this means they'ye just going to repeat the first block over again like all the other days.

Guess I'll be able to get some sleep before waking up early on Sundays now.

That's what I figure. Those two shows run back to back on Saturday, so it's probably no coincidence that they were chosen. Although, I'll probably get the same amount of sleep. Even though I was staying up, I wasn't watching Bebop and GITS, really. I usually just had it as background noise while I worked on homework or something.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Maruna wrote:
The original airing of FMA took a hiatus around the mid-point too. Whether they're waiting for dubbing to continue or just artificially prolonging the show's run, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Just think about it as being broken up into multiple seasons. I feel this approach does well to make you appreciate each episode a little more, but that's just me.

Now, Bleach, on the other hand. I don't know what Bleach's schedule was before the hiatus, but when they were airing two new episodes per week, it was actually kind of watchable. It's a little disappointing to see it return to a single episode, but maybe we were just spoiled.

I was a big fan of the two-per-week schedule, given how long the show is. From what I've heard, that schedule was burning through the new stuff too fast, so they've switched back so that a break to dub is less necessary.
_V_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad to see Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell go...I wonder if they're gone *forever*? Like Death Note and Code Geass?

but really, I couldn't physically stay up late enough to watch such reruns in the dead of night from *2 to 4 AM*

Yes, they've been out for a very long time, rerun heavily, and I've seen GITS alot.

really, the gold standard used to be that programming ended at 2 am for reruns....then we got really upset when they pushed Code Geass premieres to a 2:00 am start time! (much less, a 5 am Sunday death slot)

The late-night Saturday rerun thing started up last year as a fun way to appease anime fans a little by at least running old anime during dead air time, even if regular comedy (or live-action crud) got better slots.

It was nice while it lasted, but I never even regularly watched; I don't think many did.

So Adult Swim is airing *two* new anime shows: Bleach and Kekkaishi. Can't say I watch those, but all I *reasonably* as for is two, MAYBE three new anime shows during the good years (like that will ever happen)....and some 1 am to 2 am reruns on weekdays.

So Adult Swim is actually airing "anime" again, and I wonder what the anime series they promised in fall will be.

So I don't know if we'll see Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell again, however the loss of the late-night Saturday death slot marathon changes little.

But I do feel a twinge of sadness at their passing
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I was starting to wonder when/if new eps would ever return to as. I was spoiled by two new eps a week, but back when it first started airing only one ep was shown. It'll be tough, but I will survive.

It is weird that they are putting King and Boon on so late. Guess it'll become game time!
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone attending Anime Expo asks funimation this weekend why the hiatus and maybe will find out why. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim is in such a mess I am surprised it's still going. That Michael Jackson/Frankstein crap that was on last week. Ugh! Seriously you can't have bleach and FMA: Brotherhood both have new episodes? What rating would be to much good for you? Saturday schedule and Venture Brothers only good thing about AS anymore and they screw that up too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5