• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Adds K-On! TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Please don't be singles, please don't be singles, please don't be singles. . . .

Though I imagine they will have to be to make any real scratch. I guess now we know what Bandai's other big property was. I wonder if BD will be an option.

Kruszer wrote:
Quote:
I was hoping for Bandai to get "Bakemonogatari".

I would have prefered that too.

Bakemonogatari just doesn't feel like a Bandai title to me. It's, I donno, too esoteric maybe (not that I' don't want to see it licensed)?
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Been saying it for quite awhile that Bandai would license K-ON! It fits with what they have been releasing as of late(Otaku shows basically). I hope we get a dub but PLEASE GOD DO NOT LIKE CHISTINA VEE NEAR THIS!! I don't want dubbed songs and I don't want Vee she has been terrible and everything i have heard her in.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
There's a dub, they introduced the voice actresses at the panel. Full report up in a mo.

Edit: whoops, no they didn't. Fixed.

Still fairly sure this is getting a dub.

Last edited by Zac on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that it got licensed but I wish it wasn't Bandai, home of the $40 for 7 dubless episodes of Hayate no Gotoku. They're going to tax us hard for this release.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
*sigh*

Bandai...

What happened to us? We used to be so close and now...it's like I don't even know you anymore. :cry:

No, don't feel bad. I remember when they used to release anime like Eat-Man, but I expect this anime to sell by the thousands. All of those people who posted on threads about "license K-On" or "I love Mio" better stick to their word. None of those people will have no excuse for not buying this.

I personally liked the first five episodes of K-On, but would not buy this show.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Missed an exclamation point on the sequel's title.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! and Bluray too! Shocked

I figure this is because Kadokawa feels they've sold all the JP BDs they could sell by now Laughing

don't think I've heard Christina Vee before, but:
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=4
Bandai wrote:
Christina Vee will be Mio...

KanjiiZ wrote:
No, don't feel bad. I remember when they used to release anime like Eat-Man, but I expect this anime to sell by the thousands. All of those people who posted on threads about "license K-On" or "I love Mio" better stick to their word. None of those people will have no excuse for not buying this.

.. or we can choose to wait for the box set if they release singles. All of my Bandai purchases so far have been box sets. Although to be honest I'm not sure about sticking to that for this.. depends if they price it like crazily like the the Lucky Star LE singles or not.
Quark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
All right! Having heard so many good things about this show, and how adorable the characters are, this is a definitely going to be on my list of new titles to buy.
Haven't looked through the forums yet, but hopefully the dubbies will get their English language version, since this seems to be a big fan favourite. In which case, I hope lots of people buy it, so that maybe Bandai will start dubbing more shows.

Edit: Ohh yeah, it's Bandai, so the possibility of this being released as singles with a nice pretty art box is high. Nice pretty art boxes full of singles with pleasant cover art are always welcome on my shelves.

Last edited by Quark on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Blu-ray ... dub ... k-on ... OMG YES YES YES YES! Why is everyone being so negative? This is absolutely awesome! I will definitely buy this! No matter how they release it! And I would strongly consider buying special editions with extra goodies, too Smile

Speaking of Gurren Laggan ... are they ever going to release an anime legends version of the entire series? It seems ... strange that they haven't :/
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
I hope we get a dub but PLEASE GOD DO NOT LIKE CHISTINA VEE NEAR THIS!! I don't want dubbed songs and I don't want Vee she has been terrible and everything i have heard her in.

Evil or Very Mad

*slaps you*

*leaves*
Seljuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The King of Harts from yesterday wrote:
OR we could go through same old song and dance like we always do. You know how it goes, show does gangbusters in Japan, they become delusional thinking it'll do gangbusters here, jack up the price of the license and hang it front of the R1's like meat to dog. This is the reason we don't have Bakemonogatri, K-ON, Eva 2.22, Kara no Kyoukai, and the list goes on and on since those are only recent shows off the top of my head. Outside of Haruhi, I'm having a hard time thinking of shows that were chart toppers in Japan and were licensed relatively early.

I am allowed to be wrong. After all, I am just a guy on a forum.

Anyways, I hope that if they do dub it, they actually dub the songs instead of leaving them in Japanese like some other shows do. This could be another Beck if done with some effort. Also, where are people reading info about Blu-ray?

>K-On!
>another Beck

lolno.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I dont see this making money. Considering it's hot in Japan right now they probably paid a bundle for it and I'm guessing it wont move the kind of units necessary to recoup dubbing and licensing fee's let alone make anything off of it. Good news for fans of the series but outside of the niche audience this has no way of moving any real numbers.

Between this and releasing stuff like the Zeta Gundam and the Gurren Lagann movies my guess is Bandai wont be around much longer Sad

Wake me up when someone picks up Summer Wars and or Eva 2.0.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope the BD release has the original Japanese audio track. Otherwise, I will have to opt for the DVD release or import from Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Missed an exclamation point on the sequel's title.

Actually, the encyclopedia has a bad habit of automatically changing K-ON!! to K-ON!. It's correct in the edit text. Fixed anyway.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
I hope we get a dub but PLEASE GOD DO NOT LIKE CHISTINA VEE NEAR THIS!! I don't want dubbed songs and I don't want Vee she has been terrible and everything i have heard her in.

Evil or Very Mad

*slaps you*

*leaves*

Eh to each his own. All I'm saying is I don't think Vee is a good singer(certainly not good enough to be better then the original songs) and that I have never liked her in anything. Her performance as whats her name in the 2nd season of Rozen Maiden made my ears bleed and I love dubs so that's saying something.

They should not dub the songs for this show. They will not sound good. This isn't gonna be another BECK or something. This is cutesy popish music not more realistic Rock. It just won't work dubbed no matter who sings it. They need to do what they did with Lucky Star but that's just my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12