• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VIZ Media Industry Panel

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
And yet they still haven't announced what they are doing regarding future releases of Monster. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
And yet they still haven't announced what they are doing regarding future releases of Monster. Mad

Indeed. Sad It'd be nice if they would at least say whether they are going to release it SOMEDAY or not. Next thing you know, they'll put the 20th Century Boys manga on the yearly schedule. Razz

Dear Viz,
Please don't cancel Children of the Sea. Thanks.

-E
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Cross Game gets an omnibus to start with? Is that usual nowadays?

I remain rather mad of their perpetual silence regarding the second Monster DVD set.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a mostly manga-etic announcement right there. Very little in the way of anime at all. Nice that they mentioned that the ratings for Kekkaishi on [as] have been strong, meaning it usually barely misses the Top 3, perhaps even occasionally beating out FMA: Brotherhood at times.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
*gasp* SINGLE DISKS?! I thought they were just finishing up Naruto and Bleach's dvds as singles. They're still doing those?!?!?
delariean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping they would touch on Bastard!! and seeing if vol 19 was indeed the last volume they would release....
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Cross Game gets an omnibus to start with? Is that usual nowadays?

I noticed on the Amazon page that the manga seemed to have more pages and was more expensive than usual. I didn't realize it was an Omnibus. I wonder how many volumes will be in one.

On one hand it is a good thing because it will take less time to collect the series. On the other hand I hope I have room for all those big books (I also wonder if color pages will be included).

Anyways I am wondering if they are putting this out in Omnibus because sports series don't generally sell well here and they are trying something new. Of course for me Cross Game is so good that I am breaking my vow to not start collecting any new manga series for it. Smile

edit: Did a little calculating and counting the number of pages of the Japanese release there should be 3 volumes included in the first US release
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* ...Guess Monster's pretty much dead in the water now.

So yeah. Viz can go ahead and **** themselves. Cause I sure as shit am no longer a costumer.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
*gasp* SINGLE DISKS?! I thought they were just finishing up Naruto and Bleach's dvds as singles. They're still doing those?!?!?

To be fair in the case of Vampire Knight, they're priced at $20 and both seasons are 3-discs each. It wouldn't cost more than what FUNimation's charging for their half-season sets.

And it looks like they're dropping the Shippuden singles.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:

Jeeze Louise, what announcement do you want them to make? "We will be releasing Monster as fast as the volume of sales permit."
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:

Jeeze Louise, what announcement do you want them to make? "We will be releasing Monster as fast as the volume of sales permit."
Are you aware that it has been almost a full year since the first set was released? And since there hasn't been ANY sort of word about future releases, it's only a slap to the face for those of us who bought the first set of Monster trusting that Viz would be releasing more of it.
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
*sigh* ...Guess Monster's pretty much dead in the water now.

So yeah. Viz can go ahead and **** themselves. Cause I sure as shit am no longer a costumer.

My feelings exactly. As far as I am concerned they're nothing, but a troll company.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:

How about "We've abandoned Monster and will not be releasing any more volumes, since SyFy has decided not to air the remaining episodes either and we have no other advertising venues available to us that we're willing to use, like talking about it at conventions like this one."

What I'm saying is, I just wish they would say something. The complete silence from both SyFy regarding their scheduling decisions and Viz regarding their release decisions is infuriating. Cut us off or tell us how long we have to hold our breath - just being left hanging is, as Megiddo says, a slap in the face.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Gina, per Syfy's online schedule here, Monster is set to return August 30, presumably to finish the series.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Wow, a mostly manga-etic announcement right there. Very little in the way of anime at all. Nice that they mentioned that the ratings for Kekkaishi on [as] have been strong, meaning it usually barely misses the Top 3, perhaps even occasionally beating out FMA: Brotherhood at times.

I have never seen Kekkaishi in the top 3 ratings slots for Saturday. I have continuously seen King of the Hill, The Boondocks, and FMA: Brotherhood. LOL I highly doubt it's beating FMA of all things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4