• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strawberry 100% Streaming via Viz Anime, Hulu

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know it was even licensed? Oh well. It's nice for it to be on Viz Anime, even if Canadians can't watch it. Smile
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Ike Ike!!

I always loved hearing the music from the old Six Flags commercial in the ending theme for Ichigo 100%

Can't say much about the rest of the anime though. Just an average shounen romance/harem thing. I do think he picked the wrong girl in the end though.

I liked Hatsukoi Limited, which is from the same manga author I'm pretty sure (character designs the same at least), quite a bit more.

Last edited by Megiddo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Theres really only 13 full episodes not 26. Each one is really 2 15-minute "episodes". So, Viz is really only streaming eps 1-5 of 13 (or rather, 1-10 of 26)
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ike Ike!!

I always loved hearing the music from the old Six Flags commercial in the ending theme for Ichigo 100%

The Song Ike Ike is from Hinoi Team
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quote
The OVA's are a heckuva lot better then the series, with the manga trumping everything. Still, it's nice to see an older series brought over....now will you please bring us Lovely Complex!!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
jrnemanich wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Ike Ike!!

Thank you for that information I already knew. The beat used in part of Ike Ike is from the Vengaboys' song "We Like to Party" (which is where Six Flags got the music for). Hinoi Team just stole the beat and added a para-para dance to it, as is common.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
The OVA's are a heckuva lot better then the series, with the manga trumping everything. Still, it's nice to see an older series brought over....now will you please bring us Lovely Complex!!!

Agreed. I'm not a shoujo fan, but I would snatch up Lovely Complex in an instant.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
jrnemanich wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Ike Ike!!

Thank you for that information I already knew. The beat used in part of Ike Ike is from the Vengaboys' song "We Like to Party" (which is where Six Flags got the music for). Hinoi Team just stole the beat and added a para-para dance to it, as is common.

Yeah, even Yoko Kanno does it. Laughing
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm still waiting for Hunter X Hunter and MAR.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought the anime blew compared to the manga, but it's good to see more stuff on Hulu.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I thought the anime blew compared to the manga, but it's good to see more stuff on Hulu.

Pretty Much the anime had it's own storyline while the OVAs actually had plots based off certain manga chapters,while it may not be as good as the manga,but I thought it was decent,I did like the music score composed by Takayuki Negehi (for the Tv Serie version) who was best know for his music for Cardcaptor sakura and Tokyo Mew Mew as well as the music for F-Zero Falcon no Densetsu.

However,the music for the OVA's was composed by Hikaru Nanase,who did the music in Chrono Crusade,Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~, and the Galaxy Angel Franchise.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

Agreed. I'm not a shoujo fan, but I would snatch up Lovely Complex in an instant.

I'm kinda half and half, shoujo/shonen. Strawberry 100% is in my top 5 shoujo with 3 finished, (Chibi Vampire, Love♥Com, Chobits). The three that are finished were very well done and pretty much faithful with the manga they were based on, with Chibi Vampire straying for the most part, but they had the characterization down. Strawberry 100% was so blandly animated and totally missed out on some really laugh-out loud humor from the manga. I mean, there were times reading the manga where I just busted a gut. If they ever do put the series out on DVD with the OVA's, I would think twice before buying.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Eh, I'm still waiting for Hunter X Hunter and MAR.

You mean the OVAs right? The TV series was fully released already.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
The OVAs would be nice (particularly the first one, which properly ends the Genei Ryodan arc), but I think that person is talking about getting the TV series on Hulu.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:42 am Reply with quote
A part of me wants to wish there was a dub, but then again, the series pales in comparison to the manga(which is probably my favorite romance series EBAR) to the point that I don't care as much as I should. :/ Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2