• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Asobi ni Ikuyo Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
Oh, that's something nice. This ain't no anime season if there ain't no catgirl.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing about this series a while back when it was first announced, and it sounds kinda interesting, so I'll at least try out the first few episodes.

Last edited by doubleO7 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
fuzaco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like another generic harem. Is there really a need of these shows?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:

Since people watch them and buy them, apparently yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
fuzaco wrote:

Since people watch them and buy them, apparently yes.

Heh, we could say the same thing about anything coming out of Hollywood. Laughing
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Didn't this same anime come out just the other season?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote
It seems that CR has more luck streaming shows in the winter and summer, guess that's because those are when the smaller shows air. Not my taste but it's nice to see more of the shows getting simulcasts.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote
OMG! A anime on CR that's available in the UK! Oh what rapturous joy![/sarcasm]

[In case anybody didn't get it, I was being sarcastic because I don't like the fact that CR are getting lots of anime shows that will never get a chance of a release in the UK or the US on DVD such as Saki, Strike Witches II and now this show! That plus their subscription is still not value for money for people outside NA, especially the UK seeing as 3/4 of their shows are blocked to people here especially their live-action stuff!

On another note, if anybody from CR cares to tell us Brits why we should get a subscription, I'd definitely be interested in listening, but until then, thanks but no thanks and I'll stick with my fansubs!]
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

[In case anybody didn't get it, I was being sarcastic because I don't like the fact that CR are getting lots of anime shows that will never get a chance of a release in the UK or the US on DVD such as Saki, Strike Witches II and now this show! That plus their subscription is still not value for money for people outside NA, especially the UK seeing as 3/4 of their shows are blocked to people here especially their live-action stuff!

On another note, if anybody from CR cares to tell us Brits why we should get a subscription, I'd definitely be interested in listening, but until then, thanks but no thanks and I'll stick with my fansubs!]

its not like they don't try to get more shows in other places but its not really up to them. but honestly if there's only like 3 shows you can watch on cr you prolly shouldn't pay for a subscription.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
BorgmanJayce wrote:

its not like they don't try to get more shows in other places but its not really up to them. but honestly if there's only like 3 shows you can watch on cr you prolly shouldn't pay for a subscription.

I can understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion (and I think quite a few of the UK posters here would agree with me), CR don't even seem to want to bother with the UK market seeing as it's probably one of the biggest English-language markets outside NA. In fact, they probably seem to treat it as a afterthought.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

I can understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion (and I think quite a few of the UK posters here would agree with me), CR don't even seem to want to bother with the UK market seeing as it's probably one of the biggest English-language markets outside NA.

well considering how most people in non-anglo saxon countries already understand English well if not fluently, an "English-language" market would cover like, half the world or more Very Happy

when CR allows access to whatever anime to others outside the US, like various EU, S.Amer, M.E./India, etc countries, they are all getting our english subs AFAIK

I'm sure it's of lower priority than the US but at the same time I see lots of seemingly random countries for seemingly random anime constantly get granted access for CR streams.

most likely the region restrictions for the UK, AU and sometimes France are from potential local licensors I guess..
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This is the last summer show I planned to check out. Nice I can do it legitimately. Also nice that if I do happen to like the show and want to watch it to the end, I can depend on subtitled eppies being made available as opposed to some dipshit fansubber who decides that he/she can't be bothered finishing what he/she started. (I'm looking at you, Seikon no Qwaser fansubber...)
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:

That would be France, not the UK. Someone whinging about getting over 80% of the simulcasts streamed at a site is just looking for a complaint to use to justify leeching off the studios that do the work.

In the new season so far, 3.1/4.1, so 75.6%, but there could be another one or two to come, and odds would be good for Iceland, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland getting anything that comes up.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
I can understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion (and I think quite a few of the UK posters here would agree with me), CR don't even seem to want to bother with the UK market ...

Based on them getting the rights to the majority of their simulcasts to stream in the UK, that is?

Or based on the difficulties they were having three seasons ago in getting UK rights which seems to have been for the most part overcome?

The fact that there has been a dramatic increase in the share of their streams that go to the UK would seem to directly contradict the "don't care" myth ... that kind of thing does not change without investing effort into it.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

[In case anybody didn't get it, I was being sarcastic because I don't like the fact that CR are getting lots of anime shows that will never get a chance of a release in the UK or the US on DVD such as Saki, Strike Witches II and now this show!

(Bolded by me)

I dont know about the UK but Strike Witches 2 could very well get a US release eventually. The first season was also simulcast on Crunchyroll before FUNimation picked it up. So unless season 1 completely bombed (which I'm pretty sure it didn't), its very likely that FUNi will pick it up eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2