• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto, Fairy Tail, Occult Academy Leaked Before Airing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabiigon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Hope this doesn't mean another justification for pulling streaming for everyone due to the actions of a selfish minority once again.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Oooh! Somebody at TV Tokyo is SO fired!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yamiangie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Aw crap not again.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Considering the streams were the full length (23-24 minutes), it's definitely not some random user. Besides, the username was "TVTokyoatYT". So it was probably a leak more than anything else, I really really doubt it's some kind of hack. Nor do I think that CrunchyRoll had any involvement whatsoever in this.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maruna

That's quite bizarre. Naruto and Occult Academy are next-week episodes, I can understand those being leaked. Fairy Tail 40 is still a ways off, though. The two episodes of Heroman are the strangest, being months away from airing.

Would the streaming sites even have these episodes so far in advance, let alone posted online where hackers could get at them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kabiigon

MarzGurl wrote:

If it wasn't somehow accessed from Crunchyroll instead.
Sarkozy

MarzGurl wrote:

.. or Crunchyroll, which shouldn't be ruled out either.

We just aren't allowed to have anything nice anymore. Period.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
kabiigon wrote:
Hope this doesn't mean another justification for pulling streaming for everyone due to the actions of a selfish minority once again.
If it does, hopefully it'll be a temporary and short-term pull. Currently, the article doesn't say anything about the episodes having logos or subtitles on them, so it's a little bit different than the case with Funimation and the One Piece leak.

Then again, this is...the second time this has become news I believe? So if there is a pull, it may in turn be longer due to this being a second offense on the R1's part (for lack of a better way to place it).

The article is a little bit vague in details currently, so making exact judgement calls and such is hard to do.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
The Fairy Tail episode was awesome...but as always, ended on a cliffhanger. The Heroman episodes...meh...not so good. Maybe I'll get lucky and FT 41 gets leaked next week. Don't want to wait over a month Very Happy.

Also...security? What's that?
kabiigon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Besides, the username was "TVTokyoatYT". So it was probably a leak more than anything else, I really really doubt it's some kind of hack.

Would they really use such an obvious name? It's either "hey look at me" or someone who doesn't have a clue about ramifications.

Edit: channel removed already. That was quick.

Last edited by kabiigon on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:

*Somebody's head rolls* There goes your job.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Some of those leaks are extremely early, so I've got to agree that some Japanese person is likely responsible this time as opposed to Crunchyroll being at fault. I just hope he or she is discovered & measures are taken to stop this from happening again.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
If they were subbed though, wouldn't it of been someone at CR who'd been handling those materials? Or were they raw, unsubbed eps?

Curious if anything'll come out of this. It is a bit of a blow for legit streaming sites to have it happen again
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
*sigh... the never ending need for the e-penis. The retards just love to gobble them up.

God I hope this is someone's fault in Japan and not the US. Or if it is the US' fault, that we've earned enough credibility to still keep the streams. But given the selection of the leaked animes, it looks like it might be linked to CR or related to some personal that interacts with CR in some matter. Hopefully its just a coincidence.

Last edited by TatsuGero23 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
If they were subbed though, wouldn't it of been someone at CR who'd been handling those materials? Or were they raw, unsubbed eps?

Curious if anything'll come out of this. It is a bit of a blow for legit streaming sites to have it happen again

They were unsubbed.

TatsuGero23 wrote:
God I hope this is someone's fault in Japan and not the US. Or if it is the US' fault, that we've earned enough credibility to still keep the streams. But given the selection of the leaked animes, it looks like it might be linked to CR or related to some personal that interacts with CR in some matter. Hopefully its just a coincidence.

I very much doubt that CR would be given Heroman episodes so far in advance. It doesn't take THAT long to sub them.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4