• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Clothes make the fan!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
a vamp hunter d cosplay, dont see that much. too bad, both movies are great, classics, and yet nobody does anything for it. maybe years ago, but not anymore. SHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR THE OLD SCHOOL! I've only been to two cons, one very small, the other had a couple thousand people, so has anyone seen cosplays from the older Gundam series? we need to get rid of the narutards so that there can be more room for other stuff.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, that Alucard coat is amazing. I'd so buy it if I had the money Anime cry

And BTW, not all cosplay is expensive. The clothes for my NANA cosplay were about $17 at a thrift store, and I know a girl who made herself a Tao Ren cosplay for about the same price. Especially if you're good at sewing (or know someone who is) you can hit up a thrift store and just alter the clothes to your liking. Cheap and quite fun^^

Of course, if you're going as something fancy, it might just be worth it to pay for a professional design.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jkno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:54 am Reply with quote
Intron Depot Fiana costume: Cool

ANBUx3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
O_O I want an Org.XIII jacket. All their clothes look great, but they're a little (read: way) out of my price range. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
The Jenova Trench coat looks pretty awesome...
Tama!Tama!Tama!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would make spike's suit but the shoes seem nigh impossible... *i sent the suggestion so lets see what happens*
Zahnfee89

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm still saving money for a stormtrooper armor of SW Ep 3 but I think a shirt or hoodie of Samurai Champloo would be quite cool Very Happy
Lunarose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Oh wow, that Alucard coat is amazing. I'd so buy it if I had the money Anime cry

And BTW, not all cosplay is expensive. The clothes for my NANA cosplay were about $17 at a thrift store, and I know a girl who made herself a Tao Ren cosplay for about the same price. Especially if you're good at sewing (or know someone who is) you can hit up a thrift store and just alter the clothes to your liking. Cheap and quite fun^^

Of course, if you're going as something fancy, it might just be worth it to pay for a professional design.

The only time I will ever seriously consider sewing is for cosplay. There is a NANA coslplay? I suppose if you wanted a specific outfit. The problem for me is that Final Fantasy Advent Children people have TOO MUCH leather, metal, or armor on their clothes (I'm just thinking of Tifa and a few others I could never pull off cosplaying). Professional designs are actually very good, but it depends. Make a cosplay yourself for $17 or buy an already made cosplay for $100 or more (And shipping)?

My solution: Just befriend someone who has sewing skills like Uryu Ishida. And then ask him/her to make me a cosplay of Uryu Ishida.
lovesomebody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
where can i order a tailored shisengumi kimono????

thanks in advance
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Very random question: By any chance has anyone come across a Cosplay shop/storefront online that sells a good pair of Kamina glasses?

I know someone out there must know how to make/buy a good pair of them. People DO cosplay as him after all.
Laughing
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Now we have further reason see how sites will have fans go crazy cosplaying because there's yet another cosplay related site.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Now we have further reason see how sites will have fans go crazy cosplaying because there's yet another cosplay related site.

What site are you referring to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Agito∞

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote
I want a Char mask and helmet...

Or a EFSF Uniform.
Warriortier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
All of it looks so amazing! I'm droolin'!
Xue-Yun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I'd so love that Captain Reynolds duster... But so much money! I'm too poor...

Anyways, even if you make your own costumes, cosplay is an expensive habit. Getting the right fabric so that it'll last and won't kill you in the heat costs, and so does the props. Which sucks...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4