• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Simulcasts Mitsudomoe TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote
Ugh. It's Kodomo no Jikan all over again. Anime hyper
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Doesn't look anywhere near as bad KnJ.

It sucks when CR can't start simulcasting stuff right when they air instead of when its already several episodes into its run.
Greggo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

It's actually more like Minami-ke, except it isn't funny.
mad mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ugh. It's Kodomo no Jikan all over again

Not really. It's all cartoon violence and bathroom humor, and portraying kids as the vicious little bastards they really are.

It's not a good show by any means, though.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote
mad mac wrote:
Quote:
Ugh. It's Kodomo no Jikan all over again

Not really. It's all cartoon violence and bathroom humor, and portraying kids as the vicious little bastards they really are.

It's not a good show by any means, though.

The humor is subjective at best, so it really falls under the YMMV scope. I find it very funny of a show, but others don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
kodomo no jikan actually has a plot..you guys are harsh.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, not a fan of the character design. They look like chipmunks or something. That fight in episode 1 is funny but its a "meh" series overall.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, this has some of the funniest gross-out humor I've seen in anime in awhile. Even if it is completely low brow, I still find a lot of it funny. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Though I thought otaku were more into the 'purity' of little girls instead of the fact that they talk about piss and s*** all the time. I'm curious to see how it goes over with them.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Great now that it's streaming I can catch it. As this was one of the titles mentioned in the Summer Previews. Wink
Sudo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

If you didn't want to come off sounding stupid, you probably should've actually researched the show a bit. None of the girls want to have sex with their teacher, nor does he with them. There isn't even any fanservice, it's simply a comedy.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There isn't even any fanservice...

Uh? You telling me karate girl wasn't sexualized yet? I doubt you'll ever see an anime in this category with no fanservice.
Anyway, episode 2 sucked. They tried to use the same dirty joke over and over for a few minutes.
Beginning of episode 3 nearly made me drop it, but it got better towards the end.
Good thing CR picked it up. I'd hate to feel obligated to buy this thing if it ever came out in North America (by that I mean no chance any UK company will get it).

Last edited by egoist on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Sudo wrote:
FireChick wrote:

If you didn't want to come off sounding stupid, you probably should've actually researched the show a bit. None of the girls want to have sex with their teacher, nor does he with them. There isn't even any fanservice, it's simply a comedy.

There are a few sexual references here in there, but it's not aimed at the girls. In one chapter of the manga the karate girl (I think that's who is) spoiler[ draws a life size picture of G-cup breasts instead of her teacher for art class.] What makes it funnier is that spoiler[ while the teacher does not approve of it, the principal of the school does claiming it to be the best drawing of breasts he has ever seen.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sudo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
There isn't even any fanservice...

Uh? You telling me karate girl wasn't sexualized yet? I doubt you'll ever see an anime in this category with no fanservice.
Anyway, episode 2 sucked. They tried to use the same dirty joke over and over for a few minutes.
Beginning of episode 3 nearly made me drop it, but it got better towards the end.
Good thing CR picked it up. I'd hate to feel obligated to buy this thing if it ever came out in North America (by that I mean no chance any UK company will get it).

By fanservice I mean they didn't actually show her in any sort of state of undress. spoiler[She said she wasn't wearing panties, but you couldn't tell just by looking.]
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
It sucks when CR can't start simulcasting stuff right when they air instead of when its already several episodes into its run.
This isn't exactly new. That's happened many times for CR. I think like at least one show every season comes out later than it should. Most recently with Giant Killing and LilPri.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
It's all well and fine to do comedy, but there some things you just don't do. Or at the bare minimum, not with a cast that looks to be under the age of 5.

I can't imagine this ever being licensed anywhere, but hey, if it is licensed, it's mostly likely going to be Media Blasters or some other company.

What anyone watches is their own business. So while this series may not be like that I am not going to watch it.

But this would be a much different story if they were in college or so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2