• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top Anime Movies at Japanese Box Office, 1st Half of 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:30 am Reply with quote
Whoa, what? The new Trigun and King of Thorn movies have earned SURPRISINGLY little compared to the big-names. Glad to see Gintama fairly high on the list, though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
Great to see Time of Eve made the list <3

Even if it's the lowest placed, as you can tell, it's an independent work and had no big corporation backing it. I really hope that it gets somehow gets licensed here in the States (official English subtitles for the ONA are already available on Crunchyroll and I can't imagine the cost of the license being all that high), but since it's an intelligent piece of slice-of-life science fiction filled with social commentary and features no big boobs or whatnot, the possibility of that happening are quite low.

Anyway, at least with the movie it shouldn't be too expensive to import. Any chance at throwing this beautiful series/movie a bone with a review, ANN?

EDIT: Wow, Kajiura (with Kalafina vocals) did the theme song for the movie? Now that just makes me want this more...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1