• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sort by date

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notundercovercop327

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote
Hi New guy. I really enjoy this site. But I have 2 Questions.
Is there any way the Animes could also be sorted by dates?
Could an archive be created for Anime Soundtracks?
Thanks for reading.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Both the genre search and sorted list allow to sort the titles by date.
The list of soundtracks we have in the Encyclopedia can be seen on the releases page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
A related suggestion:

The sorted list is good. It would also be nice if you could change the encyclopedia entries for people and companies to sort by date though. (An option to sort in other ways such as what they contributed would be cool as well).
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
It would also be nice if you could change the encyclopedia entries for people and companies to sort by date though.
That's partially possible, by setting your preferences to sort titles by year for Japanese cast/staff (last option). It only works for Japanese cast/staff because I think it doesn't make sense to sort non-Japanese credits by Japanese production date. The dub order could easily be different from the production order.

ikillchicken wrote:
An option to sort in other ways such as what they contributed would be cool as well.
Not sure what you mean by that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks. I didn't know you could do that.

Dan42 wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
An option to sort in other ways such as what they contributed would be cool as well.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Well for instance, you could set it to show first works the person directed, then stuff they wrote, then character design, etc. Or for companies it would first list titles they've licensed, then distributed, etc. It would be good for sifting out the more minor stuff like in between animation etc if you're just looking for the stuff a person or company has been involved with in a major capacity. I guess it might be tough to do though with multiple credits though. I dunno. It was just an offhand though.
rti9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
@ikillchicken: You can do that for persons, but not for companies. I only discovered this recently. Go to the encyclopedia section (click on the green encyclopedia button on the top right of the website below the search space/button). Click on Customize the appearance of the Encyclopedia. The last option is When displaying a person's details: For Japanese cast/staff, sort titles by year instead of alphabetically. Check it. Now whenever you enter a cast/staff page on ANN, it will display the year and sort the titles they were involved chronologically (if someone managed to input it).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1