• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ouran High School Host Club Manga to End in September

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsAdultPerson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see it go, but I'm glad that it's ending and not continuing forever until it collapses on itself.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this isn't over? Boy I am late. hahaha
alexcampos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Bones will make a new Ouran anime, they can call it Ouran Sisterhood Laughing
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
What a great manga. And for all its popularity I still don't think it's properly appreciated for the way it's handled most of its dramatic arcs. Good stuff.

Will be interested to see what Hatori does next.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
Maybe Bones will make a new Ouran anime, they can call it Ouran Sisterhood Laughing

Dude, you totally just stole my joke. Razz
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
What, the Ouran High School Host Club characters are graduating after "only" seven years in school?

But Archie comics characters have been stuck in Riverdale High School for seven decades now. I guess Japanese comics high schools beat the pants off American comics high schools for graduation rates.

Yes, I am aware it's more like 8 years of high school at Ouran since Tamaki Suoh and the other senior members of the club had already been at high school for a year when Haruhi Fujioka arrived for her freshman year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:

Will be interested to see what Hatori does next.

I hope she go back and finsh Millenium Snow.

I can't believe Ouran is going to end, it seem not long ago when I first started reading it from a few years back. Very looking forward to see how it ends.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I hope they finish the series off with another season. The end of the manga is different from the end of the Anime, so they could definitely continue from where they left off.

And I'm glad that it'll only be 18 volumes long. Once a series hits 20 volumes I begin to question its length, especially if it's shojo.
Axlish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Good god, I didn't even realize the manga was still going on. Just as someone above said, I hope she goes back to Millenium Snow. I bought the manga and thought I was getting into a really good series. I've realized that it's a terrible idea to buy an unfinished series. Sad
animeroxsmysoxs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see it go but I'm catching up (Now, all I need is Vol.11-14...and also the other Volumes that will come out soon.) I heard about Chapter 80 but haven't read it '^-^

Since Ouran is ending, now all we need is OHSHC Season 2 *crossing my fingers that it will finally happen*

And, hoping she starts Millenium Snow back up again (2 Volumes just isn't enough)
Lenks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The October issue of Hakuskensha's shōjo manga magazine LaLa has confirmed on Tuesday that Bisco Hatori's romantic comedy manga Ouran High School Host Club will end with a 52-page chapter in the next issue on September 24. The magazine had already announced in June that the series was entering its final story arc.

Maybe I'm just ignorant on how the Japanese use months when dating issues of magazines, but something seems off here...
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I REALLY need to finish buying the mangas for this and finish watching the English dub of the anime.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well it seems that my favorite shojo manga is going to leave me now. I guess I'll just have to find a new one to read, or go back and read more of Nana. Either way the fact still remains, there will now be a hole in my manga heart.

So now we're left with two burning questions: How will Ouran end, and what will Hatori do next?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
D'aww that's sad. First my favorite Shonen ends and now this. spoiler[(Even though it ended June/July for the anime, I MISS YOU FMA!!)] This is one of the few shoujo series I have seen/read that I actually like enough to buy. It's not boring, it doesn't drag on more than needed, and I couldn't find a single character I hated. spoiler[ Don't get me wrong, I love me my Tokyo Mew Mew and Shugo Chara but the manga series for both dragged on more than needed.]

I loved it's characters and how everything was just so funny. It could go from serious to funny and transition back smoothly. It wasn't like other series that had obnoxious characters I hated to no end. I look forward to whatever Hatori may have planned in the future (that is if she has anything planned).
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Wha!? Oh man...I guess the rumors were wrong, I was under the impression we had two more chapters left, not just one. And it's a normal length chapter for Ouran too, at least as of late.

It'll be really sad to see it go, I'm going to miss these characters greatly.

Edit: Oh wait, my bad, there is two more chapters technically. The new one comes out tomorrow, then a final one in September, my bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2