• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Film to Premiere at NY Anime Fest in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
But they still haven't released the last set from the TV series... Keep up the good work guys Confused
yamiangie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
So? I happen to think it's very cool that we get a premiere. Not that i have hopes of getting into that showing at NYAF. So this is what keeps killing all the fan panels and what not. All these new guests and screanings.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually GOING to the New York Anime Fest!...but wait! I'm only going on the 9th, not the 10th! Noooooooooo!!! Sad
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote
halo wrote:
But they still haven't released the last set from the TV series... Keep up the good work guys Confused

The PR is actually labeled with the Sunrise logo and doesn't mention Bandai. This is likely Japan's doing.
halo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
halo wrote:

The PR is actually labeled with the Sunrise logo and doesn't mention Bandai. This is likely Japan's doing.

You are probably right but it still seems pretty pointless to promote the movie when Bandai is still struggling to release the DVDs, not to mention the fact that it should be being released on Blu-ray too.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
halo wrote:

You are probably right but it still seems pretty pointless to promote the movie when Bandai is still struggling to release the DVDs, not to mention the fact that it should be being released on Blu-ray too.

Wait....Bandai plans to release the series in blu-ray? if so, I'm going to be pretty mad cause I've bought all the released box sets so far.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's as good as Endless Waltz, I was hoping Gundam SEED would finally get its movie sequel, what's taking it so long? How come 00's movie is coming out before SEED's?
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I hope it's as good as Endless Waltz, I was hoping Gundam SEED would finally get its movie sequel, what's taking it so long? How come 00's movie is coming out before SEED's?

The director's wife still has cancer
LaSean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

dont you mean gundam seed's writer still has brain cancer
LaSean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
halo wrote:

Wait....Bandai plans to release the series in blu-ray? if so, I'm going to be pretty mad cause I've bought all the released box sets so far.

Yeah they are. I was mad when I found out cause like you, I too bought the all of the dvd release so far
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
LaSean wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

don't you mean gundam seed's writer still has brain cancer
err... The writer is the director's wife.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
LaSean wrote:
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
halo wrote:

Yeah they are. I was mad when I found out cause like you, I too bought the all of the dvd release so far

Wait, US Bandai has actually finally said that they have plans to actually release 00 on Blu-ray here in the US too? Do you know where they finally said it cause that would be great?
Been obviously looking forwards to that.

If so, sweet, even though I've been buying the DVDs this is one of the shows I'll double-dip on for dual-language blu-ray. That would be great news to finally be able to buy 00 in HD.

The long version of the movie trailer was awesome. Also, totally glad to hear that the movie is approximately 2 hours and not barely over an hour like some, should be an epic 00 finale with a good runtime. Smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Gonna go watch it on September 18! >)
zaltran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they finish releasing the second season on dvd. It needs to come out a little faster. I am holding off on watching it until I have all four parts. Then I'll keep an eye out for the movie on dvd.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I wish I can watch it but I have to wait tell it comes out on dvd Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2