• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Priest, Under the Bridge×2, Love Live! Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does Priest keep getting pushed back by at least three months? Rolling Eyes
MsAdultPerson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait until October, Arakawa was one of my favorite animes over the summer.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
MsAdultPerson wrote:
Can't wait until October, Arakawa was one of my favorite animes over the summer.

My thoughts exactly. Arakawa was easily the best series this summer and continued to hold my interest through out the series.

Good times indeed.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I would really like to see Arakawa (both the anime and manga) licensed, its one of the most interesting series I've seen in along time.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
I would really like to see Arakawa (both the anime and manga) licensed, its one of the most interesting series I've seen in along time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the anime licensed (the manga is okay, but the anime is hilarious.) but I think the series would be even better in English. It would be a plus, but I am not sure Arakawa will ever be licensed in the US.

The first season ending song was pretty impressive though, fitted the series perfectly.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Was I the only one who was amazed that they managed to make Hoshi's mask move in real life?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
Was I the only one who was amazed that they managed to make Hoshi's mask move in real life?

For a professional craftsman (or woman), creating something like that probably wasn't easy, but wasn't too hard either.

The most challenging part was probably was making the mask breathable and having actuate dimensions for that person's head.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote
So I clicked on this trailer for Priest...

What the hell did I just watch?! Shocked

Since when was Priest a cyberpunk adventure?! What the hell?! Are they making a movie out of Priest or Blame! (see avatar)?! Seriously! Some of those scene looked right out of Nihei manga, not Preist! What the hell am I looking at here!?

This is mind boggling. I know later volumes I haven't read, it jumps to modern times.. but.. holy hell..

Now I know why TokyoPop had to come up with a whole new comic book prequel and not actually, you know, sell the series they publish that the movie is based on.

And.. what the hell.. That was Steven Moyer ?! Wow. They're really trying to push that vampire angle... you know.. even if there weren't really vampires in the original... at least not traditional ones.. and they weren't really the big bad...
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
So I clicked on this trailer for Priest...

What the hell did I just watch?! Shocked

Since when was Priest a cyberpunk adventure?! What the hell?! Are they making a movie out of Priest or Blame! (see avatar)?! Seriously! Some of those scene looked right out of Nihei manga, not Preist! What the hell am I looking at here!?

This is mind boggling. I know later volumes I haven't read, it jumps to modern times.. but.. holy hell..

Now I know why TokyoPop had to come up with a whole new comic book prequel and not actually, you know, sell the series they publish that the movie is based on.

And.. what the hell.. That was Steven Moyer ?! Wow. They're really trying to push that vampire angle... you know.. even if there weren't really vampires in the original... at least not traditional ones.. and they weren't really the big bad...

I've not had a chance to thoroughly read priest, but I'm assuming this movie railer features nothing of the tone or much of the content from the original? Were there even other priests, let alone female ones in the manga? It'd be interesting to see a comparison versus done of the original Korean comic and this live action adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1