• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost Hunt Manga to End in Japan After 12 Volumes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:59 am Reply with quote
Memory must be hazy. But I don't remember anything resembling a realistic reaction to [spoiler]finding out that two of the people in the same house, studying the same ghost were brutally murdered by supernatural means. [/quote]

Still, 18 episodes of light-hearted ghost-related fair, and then that?
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I as well would love to see more Ghost Hunt anime. The current ending felt so empty and cut-off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Most endings to short series based on semi to low-popularity manga are.
mckg1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Hope it releases to the US by next year. And a second anime season would be awesome Very Happy
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Memory must be hazy. But I don't remember anything resembling a realistic reaction to spoiler[finding out that two of the people in the same house, studying the same ghost were brutally murdered by supernatural means. ]

Still, 18 episodes of light-hearted ghost-related fair, and then that?

...Ghost Hunt is light-hearted? Shocked I'm sorry, we're just not going to agree on this, are we? xD True, it doesn't really start out that way, but each case gets progressively darker than the last.

...for all those requesting a "second season", you do realize that there are only 3 manga's worth of material that the anime didn't cover? And I think those three books are all one arc, actually. One OVA should be all that we'd need to complete the series...
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
By light-hearted I meant that no one was seriously hurt and none of the scenarios were particularly scary.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
...okay then. I can't speak about "scariness" (since I find most of the cases creepy, rather than scary), but people being harmed?

The Doll's House: spoiler[Ayami-chan almost drowns. It's revealed that many, many children who lived in the house previously have all been killed by the ghost.]

The After School Hexer: spoiler[Students who sit at a certain desk are dragged by train. Two of the three of them are still in the hospital, and it's implied that the next one might have died. One of the teachers gets in a car wreck because of a ghost hand. Naru ends up in the hospital after he and Mai fall down a manhole.]

Forbidden Pastime: spoiler[The case starts off with a student committing suicide. There was a giant demon dog who tore up a classroom, harming multiple students. I think this is also the time that Naru stops a collapsing ceiling from crushing Mai... also the case where she randomly rushes in to exorcise spirits way out of her league, and Monk has to save her. "You could have died there! Do you understand that!?"]

The Bloodstained Labyrinth: spoiler[Other exorcists are murdered during the case. We learn that hundreds of people have been sacrificed to Vlad over the years. Mai has dreams reliving their murders. Masako is kidnapped and almost dies.]

Like I said, the cases have been getting increasingly dangerous for our main cast. "The Dolls House" didn't do much damage, but by the time we get to cases like "The Bloodstained Labyrinth" or "The Cursed House", the main cast is in great danger.

Really, the only case I can think of where no one was in danger at all is "Ghost Story in the Park". Even in "Silent Christmas", the characters were worried that Mai would get sick from being outside without a jacket on Christmas eve.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2