• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2 New Pokémon Manga Listed by Viz's Distributor

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Pokémon Adventures: Platinum was actually listed on Amazon.com for quite a while, Anime hyper. Anyways, I might buy Pokémon Adventures: Platinum just for the heck of it. =/
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I might start investing in the Adventures manga. It actually has a pretty good story...and of course Pokemon death.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I freaking LOVE the Adventures manga.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Give us the Arceus movie on DVD please!

And I don't know about skipping so many volumes of Pokemon Adventures. Aren't they kind of all connected? Can't they just do an accelerated release, since it's almost like releasing two volumes of the same series around the same time...

And I guess they couldn't call it Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl because of the DP Adventures manga...
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Makes sence, by the time they've gone though Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Emerald and Daimond I think they'd be no more intrest in PKMN, never mind Platimum.
Epona the Horsey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited for more Pokemon Special. I'm just hoping that they release everything in between. I enjoyed Ruby, and would really like the chance to read the Hoenn manga arc. Please Viz, go all the way this time!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I know a lot of people who will be very happy about this. I'm happy for them.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love Pokemon Adventures, I already own the Chuang Yi versions up to vol. 31 (still need to pick up vol. 32 & 33) and I don't think I'll be purchasing the same volumes again. Were I to be a bit further behind in my collection I might be willing to go back and purchase the Viz Media edition. If Viz Manages to release volumes before Chuang Yi then I'll be purchasing from them (much cheaper as I live in North America). For those just getting introduced to the series or had the patience to wait for the day in which Viz decided to release beyond volume 7 in English, I am truly happy for you and congradulate you.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
How are the Chuang Yi volumes anyway translation wise?
nynextew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't really like the art in these but the story is okay. I really wish there was more pokemon stuff from Toshihiro Ono
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Hmm...I might start investing in the Adventures manga. It actually has a pretty good story...and of course Pokemon death.

HUH??? WTH??? Do they actually have that in the manga????

I seriously doubt cause there's no way I would see Nintendo allow that. though I would be seriously interesting if it did.

Though I am already a die hard pokemaniac so I'll get it regardless. Though what I really hope is that they'll actually have the anime series in the US WITH the original script , as well as the original OP and ED. especially from the first season and those infamous banned eps & the movies.

That alone would definitely give me a reason to buy that set even if its in sub only format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I keep hearing good things about the Pokemon Adventures manga- might have to check it out with this relaunch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1