• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Good Comebacks

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the 3rd Birthday, actually, Maaya Sakamoto IS playing Aya Brea - this is the gag behind the outfits - the two characters share the same voice actress.
Played the demo at TGS last week - was a heck of a lot of fun. The rather generous lock-on targeting got around most of the PSPs control limitations.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It'll be Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers 3.

I'd rather it be more Ducktales. Laughing
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 am Reply with quote
Since when did Namco start putting their pre-merger logo on games again? Felt odd seeing it again on a new release. Did Bandai not want anything to do with Enslaved or something?
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:34 am Reply with quote
I'm seriously regretting buying DS Lite instead of DSi last year. In retrospect, preferring backwards compability was pretty pointless since my GBA SP is still in working condition. Shantae's looking great and they just announced Cave Story fo the DSiWare too.
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
Early reports are saying that the next Mega Man Legends will be on the 3DS. I hope that it's just a remake and not the third game, I'm not ready to get a new system just yet...
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
The 3rd Birthday: After hearing about Aya having amnesia and time warp shenanigans I am THOROUGHLY convinced that the development team has no bloody clue what the first two games were about. Plus Eve is adopted (she's actually closer to Aya's DAUGHTER than anything)

Lords of Shadow: I don't buy marketing department schemes. Its design looks uninspired at best. It's also releasing in the most crowded month of the year with bigger titles already having stolen its thunder before it was even out

3DS: Yes, there is a Mega Man Legends 3 for it. They also announced the release date for March of next year in the US. And Sakaguchi's The Last Story got a release date of January 27 for Japan.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
Early reports are saying that the next Mega Man Legends will be on the 3DS. I hope that it's just a remake and not the third game, I'm not ready to get a new system just yet...

It's stated to be Megaman Legends 3, and not a remake.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For example, Nintendo brought America a Glory of Heracles RPG that no one really wanted, but they won't release Another Code: R

Another Code R was released in Europe. It was pretty good, but I preferred the first game. There were way too many cut scenes and extraneous characters. Although on the other hand they didn't make the good ending impossible to get without a walkthrough this time.

Quote:
or a slightly censored version of Mother 3

What would need to be censored? I always wondered why this didn't come out in America.

I'll add another one to the list: Fatal Frame 4. Nintendo just announced what appears to be a remake of the second (and best) game, so they better not keep it to Japan as well.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
I'll add another one to the list: Fatal Frame 4. Nintendo just announced what appears to be a remake of the second (and best) game, so they better not keep it to Japan as well.

Not to defend Nintendo or anything, but wasn't that more because the game was horribly buggy and Tecmo refused to fix it (though that may have been because Nintendo in turn refused to pay them for it)?

There's also Captain Rainbow, though that game apparently sold very poorly in Japan.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote
Enslaved looks pretty awful, and the fact that it looks like Namco's tossing that at us instead of Tales of Graces saddens me...
HJSoulma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Enslaved looks pretty awful, and the fact that it looks like Namco's tossing that at us instead of Tales of Graces saddens me...

Meh, the demo was fun, and I dug the world design. The lead character does look pretty silly, though. As for Tales of Graces, I am was a very angry Tales fan who has officially given up all hope of ever seeing another Tales game released here, and while that sounds awful I imagine it'll save me a lot of heartbreak down the road. I will always have my memories.

Also,

EVERYONE GO BUY SHANTAE NOW. NOW. ABSOLUTELY NOW. If you don't have a DSi, tell anyone you know with a DSi to go buy it. Now. Because the original Shantae was basically the best game released for the GBC other than maybe Pokemon, and like me and one other person bought it. Wayforward deserves your money, and I would like to see another Shantae game in less than 8 years this time. So buy it. Because it's bound to be awesome, and there are zombies and pirates and genies and magical hair. Do it.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
I'm seriously regretting buying DS Lite instead of DSi last year. In retrospect, preferring backwards compability was pretty pointless since my GBA SP is still in working condition. Shantae's looking great and they just announced Cave Story fo the DSiWare too.

I'm in the boat of still having the original DS still. Never upgraded because its still working fine. I heard that the 3DS will support DSiware, and if that's the case, I'll wait till the 3DS comes out and buy Shantae then. Very Happy
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Steambot Chronicles 2 (i.e., Bumpy Trot 2) is still alive, even if the odds of it both getting finished and coming over here are slim to none
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
Unless lumbered by an outdated DVD player, Brian has the option of importing the R2 releases of Blake's 7. Amazon prices are somewhat acceptable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Generic #757858 wrote:

I'm in the boat of still having the original DS still. Never upgraded because its still working fine. I heard that the 3DS will support DSiware, and if that's the case, I'll wait till the 3DS comes out and buy Shantae then. Very Happy

NO way I'm getting rid of my original DS. Ninentdo removing the GBA slot for the later versions was a big mistake in my opinion
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3