• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nelvana Confirms Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge Show Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
As the old saying goes: big deal. Had to say something so that the topic doesn't stay empty, but really, who cares?
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
There's a listing on Amazon.com for Beyblade: Metal Fusion Volume 1

Volume 1 DVD - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z88IMQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Release Date - November 9, 2010
Siliva

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Before Metal Fight Beyblade/Beyblade: Metal Fusion, there were three earlier Bakugan television anime series between 2001 and 2003: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002 (Beyblade V-Force), and Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G-Revolution. Nelvana released all three in the United States.

Thanks to John And for the news tip.

I think you guys mean "Beyblade" instead of "Bakugan" in that paragraph.

I'm pretty sure the Metal Masters series Nelvana is talking about is the equivalent of Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion. (Episodes 52+) If the original Beyblade is anything to go off of, they'll use the same old song for the OP every season. Explosion's first OP, Galaxy Heart, is just so awesome. D:

Bakugan can go die in a fire though. Even the game it's based off of has no redeeming quality to it. You'd be surprised with the strategy involved in Beyblade if you try it competitively...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
At one point (still is?), Bakugan was the best selling toy series in America. Wal-Mart stores had to limit how many toy figures per buyer - and they still sold out.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Even if we care or not, basically these titles alongside Pokemon are going to be the gateway anime for the current generation of kids, heck these shows are the only anime that CN doesn't raise a stink about :/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
Even if we care or not, basically these titles alongside Pokemon are going to be the gateway anime for the current generation of kids, heck these shows are the only anime that CN doesn't raise a stink about :/

True enough. And the gateway for a new generation of anime fans is also a plus , which is why CN is went to this approach.

Unfortunately abandoning some of it's popular anime series (Naruto) to the hands of less than lickely TV broadcasters has left a major stink to the current fans. even the abandonment of DBZ Kai left a lot of people scratching their heads.

At least they still have AS even though the main series there is Bleach.

I respect CN's way of hoping to make anime fans for the next gen of kids but it's seriously ticking off the current gen , and if they dont do something fast , people are gonna label them right along side 4kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I think Kai is on hiatus because the episodes are pretty close to the Japanese release at this point.

I think Naruto sank. I mean, they keep airing the same episodes every damn day, and just as I was about to get into the show. Glad to see that at least something is doing well out there and that these Japanese cartoons are at least giving someone motivation to put out more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1