• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Firefighter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treetastic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Quote:
His ability to find people and rescue them reaches David Blaine-like levels, and I have no doubt that if Daigo frisked me right now, he would find a couple of kindergarten-age children passed out from smoke inhalation in my pants.

I'm sorry but that line made me laugh waaaayyy more than it should've. Think I'll pass on this series, just doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but that was still an amazing line.

It's both hilarious and true. Firefighter! is one of my favourite series, at least partly due to how fun it is saying the name in a ham American accent. So now I know whose responsible for that. Smile I had no idea it sold so poorly--- I guess that kind of action is a niche market.

On a side note, I horrified my Grade 12 English teacher by reading Firefighter! in class. Totally worth it.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Daigo is indeed an excellent manga and one that I was happy to see Viz fully release. But, Jason, it really seems like Viz had no choice but to finish Daigo; even when titles like Ultimate Muscle, Bastard!!, and Saint Seiya (all three I'd love to see covered here but I doubt will... Except for Bastard!!, maybe) were getting their release schedules slowed down, Daigo was continually coming out once every two months. Either Shogakukan's contract stated that Viz couldn't slow down the release schedule, or this title just did so utterly horrible that Viz just wanted to get it finished as soon as possible!

Really? ANN & Viz's pages for the title show that it eventually went quarterly, and then once every four months for the last three volumes.

I believe that my library has every volume, so this article has spurned me to get around to it sooner. I've always been somewhat interested in it because I've watched about 20 episodes of Capeta, but never really got around to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2