• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-10-13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
"true love can cause a few splinters along the way if you don't properly lubricate/varnish".

"True love is a table: every once in a while, it needs a fresh coat."

... No?

I tried.
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

There have been romantic comedies about computers, cell phones, soda cans, trees, food and probably even candle's. I think the green girl is either a tree/microwave but I am not sure.

Hmm, tell me more
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Comedy gold right here! Anime hyper
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
If a pistachio suddenly transformed into a hot babe who wanted to shag me I would probably react in several ways, but I'm pretty sure horny wouldn't be one of them. I think my first reaction would be: "How the Hell did you do that?".
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'd address this scenario as popcultural Armageddon, 'cept I'm pretty sure that there's probably something even more bat@#$% insane waiting right around the corner.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I was talking to a friend about this strip and I realized that what if there were fanfics or fanart of the Brave Little Toaster like this.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing about an eroge that involved boinking household appliances, but I can't remember what it was called or when I heard about it. While doing some searching I found this gem.
Dakkoshite Gyu! ~Ore no Yome wa Dakimakura~ wrote:
Yuya loves hug pillows. He lives a happy life with his room full of hug pillows. One day, a girl in white coat suddenly talks to him, "Yuya, do me a favor." Her name is Tobari, a boss of the Pillow Research Club. She holds a hug pillow with a pretty girl painted on it. Yuya soon gets excited and asks her if he can get it. She says, "If you accept my offer, I'll give it to you." As a matter of fact, this is not just a normal hug pillow. If you sleep with it, you will be able to meet her in your dream. Tobari's offer is to fall in love with Akari, who was recently born in the dream world, and raise her mind. Yuya accepts the offer though he doesn't believe it. He sleeps with the hug pillow at night and the dream world actually exists there...
Razz
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I noticed that a long time ago. One of the major conventions to Japanese creative thinking is "what would it look like if it was a girl?"

I've even seen "what would HE look like if HE was a girl" a few times.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
sirkoala13 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

There have been romantic comedies about computers, cell phones, soda cans, trees, food and probably even candle's. I think the green girl is either a tree/microwave but I am not sure.

Hmm, tell me more

I recognize some of those

Computers: Chobits
Soda: Akikan
Trees: Kannagi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
When are they gonna make a moe version of "Alien Jones?"
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Hey guys I realize you're all being super hilarious but let's try to not ride the train straight in to creepytown OK?

Just for the record, the last two posts were completely made as a joke. But if that is a request to keep the thread from becoming too strange, you have my word that I will tone it down a bit.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Robin, you totally just made me wish for a anthromorphized moe version of The Brave Little Toaster.

Curse you!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
sirkoala13 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Hmm, tell me more

I recognize some of those

Computers: Chobits
Soda: Akikan
Trees: Kannagi

Good eyes and excellent knowledge of what I was talking about. There are more titles that are related to computers, but some of them well how to say this, aren't exactly as clean as Chobits.

However, there was a manga that was based off Window's and Window's XP. At first, it looked normal, but I am not sure after the first chapter.

It's an odd concept, yet there is a fanbase for it. Even for the creepy related items there is a fan base as well.

By the way Robin, genius comic this week.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Good eyes and excellent knowledge of what I was talking about. There are more titles that are related to computers, but some of them well how to say this, aren't exactly as clean as Chobits.

Actually, the first show that popped in my head was Buttobi CPU because that's certainly much, much more in line with where this thread is going, but I think only me and 5 other people would've got that reference without looking it up. I am curious, though, as to what the cell phones, food and candles is about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

However, there was a manga that was based off Window's and Window's XP. At first, it looked normal, but I am not sure after the first chapter.

I think you might be thinking of OS-tan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5