• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Films Adds Koihime†Musō, 11Eyes, Kämpfer

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
What, why would anyone want Kämpfer? That show sucked so bad :S the other two aren't all that great either, but at least they don't make me angry just by thinking of them.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
wilson_x1999 wrote:
What, why would anyone want Kämpfer? That show sucked so bad :S the other two aren't all that great either, but at least they don't make me angry just by thinking of them.

I heard a lot of people hate Kämpfer. I haven't seen it. Can someone tell me whats so bad about it?
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Sigh, really wish Section23 would take the time to release english dubs. Sure I usually prefer subs, but I like having an english option also. But Glad to see some of the older anime coming to the states.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
wilson_x1999 wrote:

I heard a lot of people hate Kämpfer. I haven't seen it. Can someone tell me whats so bad about it?

OMG.... I cannot believe they licensed kampfer, it sucked rotten eggs, the show had potential, but it became an utter failure, 11 eyes was alright, but nothing to really go out and buy. never saw the other one,
but what is it with the licenses lately with section23 and sentai films.
sure they have high school of the dead, but come on, you should do a survey once and a while, then you would know that kampfer is not a very popular show, or maybe they didn't have a choice, and it came bundled with another show,

ok quick rundown of kampfer,

boy likes girl.... girl ignores him, he gets chosen to fight in a game, but only girls can fight, so he transforms in to a girl whenever he is to fight, even though he hates it, now said girl starts to show interest in his girl half,
throw in a few extra girls and you have a crappy fighting harem

Last edited by mudduck454 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote
I the news I want to hear form Section23 right now is If and when are they planning to release Clannad Season 2, S.A., and To Love Ru in English dub.

Those shows are on my top proirity but I won't get them because they are sub only.

Also, kinda sucks about Koihime†Musō being sub only, I would have really liked to see that show in dub.

Last edited by rinkwolf10 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote
Very happy to hear that Koihime Muso and Kampfer are getting licensed. Disappointed there won't be any dubs. I was hoping Funi would get Koihime for just that reason. Oh well. I liked Kampfer - I mean, talking seppuku stuffed animals; how is that not win?
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
Sigh, really wish Section23 would take the time to release english dubs. Sure I usually prefer subs, but I like having an english option also. But Glad to see some of the older anime coming to the states.

Older? that's a year old, 'cept koihime which is 2.
Quote:

Where to begin; it's a harem magical girl show. One of those magical girls (the protaganist) is normaly a bloke. Animation is awful, plot is so rediculous it's silly, characters are all contrived etc.

It borderline so bad it's funny. There will of course be the group that just view it as terible instead of laughing at it.

Last edited by Reaper gI on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote
I would rather have sentai/section23 films announce a moto to love ru license, since it just started airing, and because glass mask did not sell well, I wont be able to get the second half of it,

and since maria holic is getting a second season, I hope sentai fillms gets it,
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
It would've been nice to see Koihime Musou dubbed, since it's actually one of my favourite anime. I'm assuming it's just the first season that's been licensed (although I'd love to be corrected there). Am I misreading the article though? Because there are actually three TV seasons of Koihime Musou (original + Shin Koihime Musou + Otome Tairan).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
Hope the fanservice sells for ya Section23.

I won't be purchasing any of these.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
Damn it I was hoping FUNimtion got Koihime Muso.. What a waste..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I could see Koihime getting a dub since the game is coming out here and that may draw people into getting the anime as well. Just a hunch.

The other two...meh.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
If you ask me, these titles Sentai releases would exactly be the type of titles the old ADV would license only this time dubs will vary on title to title.
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Koihime freakin' Muso! Yes!

Now then, if you could just license Natsu no Arashi....I would be very, very grateful. Wink
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Hope the fanservice sells for ya Section23.

I won't be purchasing any of these.

Anime hyper Ironic post, given your blushy Misaka avatar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8