• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bones Crusade Card Game Combines 5 Bones Anime Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 am Reply with quote
People need to remember that four of the five shows being used in this game are shows that BONES was the original creator for, the exception being heroman. They don't need outside permission to use, hence why they're in the game. Shows like Ouran and Soul Eater are just shows they animated for other companies. Not quite the same thing.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote
*raises hand*

But Fullmetal Alchemist was based on a manga as well, maybe more series will be added in later booster packs, like with Gundam trading cards.

Still wished it was a videogame though, maybe in the mode of Jump Ultimate Superstars
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Now we get to see Takuto "Galactic Pretty Boy" duke it out with Lelouche Vi Britannia to see who is most fabulous in world! Razz
Are the various "Crusade" games compatible with each other? They're pretty much the MSWar card game so...
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
But Fullmetal Alchemist was based on a manga as well, maybe more series will be added in later booster packs, like with Gundam trading cards.

While that's true, they took the story in a completely original direction. It even finished a couple years before the original story it was based off of, and with how productions copyrights go in Japan (at least to my knowledge), they technically own all the rights to the story they made. Just not for the characters used.
animeroxsmysoxs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Now we get to see Takuto "Galactic Pretty Boy" duke it out with Lelouche Vi Britannia to see who is most fabulous in world! Razz

LOL Anime hyper Would so like to see that :] (I'm so into Star Driver now... Anime hyper Loving it so far)
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Twilightmaster wrote:
... they technically own all the rights to the story they made. Just not for the characters used.

I'm thinking for a CCG, the characters are the really important part to own the rights to.
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:

FMA is their most popular series, both the original anime and Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure Bandai paid through the nose to get the rights for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2