• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Something Sinistral

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B.K.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
You missed the biggest news. Atlus announced Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP in Famitsu today!
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The Last Story = Epic victory
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
B.K.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

It's too bad Nintendo won't release it outside of Japan.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
I'd personally prefer if the X-Button kept its' focus more on Japanese games (and maybe sometimes lesser known Western releases, if the games happen to be really really good/unknown). I like reading the X-Button because it discusses lots of Japanese game titles and news bits that I normally wouldn't hear about on larger gaming sites. It also just seems to organizationally make better sense for a gaming article series on a Japanese animation news site to focus on Japanese games.

Other than that, please keep up the excellent work, these articles are a weekly tradition for me now and I really enjoy reading them.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
I'd personally prefer if the X-Button kept its' focus more on Japanese games (and maybe sometimes lesser known Western releases, if the games happen to be really really good/unknown). I like reading the X-Button because it discusses lots of Japanese game titles and news bits that I normally wouldn't hear about on larger gaming sites. It also just seems to organizationally make better sense for a gaming article series on a Japanese animation news site to focus on Japanese games.

Other than that, please keep up the excellent work, these articles are a weekly tradition for me now and I really enjoy reading them.

Very much this^^^

Its not that seeing western games is bad, but I go to the X-play because I will almost always find an obscure Jgame I've never heard of that I eventually want to play, keeps me coming back everytime I see it posted in my feed, keep up the good work
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:02 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

It's too bad Nintendo won't release it outside of Japan.

I read a while back it was for sure coming here... I even stuck it on my "future want, but no release date yet" list :/
Sarukah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:

Agreed. I love reading that part of the column for the japanese games. If I want info on the other big western releases, I can go to any of the other million western-ly biased gaming sites who never pay any attention to the japanese releases. yay.
But really, it'd be awesome if you stuck more to the japanese games, I dont mind a couple of the westerns like you've been doing, but they shouldn't become more of a focus.

And definitely keep up the awesome work, its always a nice highlight of my day when I see the newest column pop up here.
williamflipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:25 am Reply with quote
Good Mr. Ciolek, like you said there is no point to cover well-known and heavily advertised games. and like Kikaioh wrote, I prefer to know about Japanese releases hard to find in western market..
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I too would prefer if you just stuck mostly to Japanese games and only covered those Western games that you feel are particularly good and/or need more exposure, like Costume Quest.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 am Reply with quote
I typed "sinistral" into wiktionary and this is what I got:

Quote:
sinistral

Of, facing, on on the left side.
Left-handed.

Lufia: Curse of Left Handed people!

Quote:
(zoology) Having the whorls of the spire revolving or rising to the left; reversed; -- said of certain spiral shells.

Lufia: Curse of Gastropods!

Quote:
(geology) left lateral fault movement.

Lufia: Curse of plate tectonics!

Now I'm curious, is there actually a reason they're called that?

Costume Quest looks fun. Halloween is officially the best time of year (it has been proven by science) and so video games based around it are automatically awesome. My logic is impervious on this one.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
You missed the biggest news. Atlus announced Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP in Famitsu today!

HOLY CRAP!!
Shale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote
Of course, I'd wager a million zillion dollars that it never sees the light of day outside Japan.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
Shale wrote:
Of course, I'd wager a million zillion dollars that it never sees the light of day outside Japan.

Why wouldn't it? Atlus USA has released every other SMT game that's come out since Nocturne (including the remake of Persona 1 and all three versions of Persona 3)...and the worst thing about it is that it has a resurrected Hitler in it would make it one of the arguably least offensive of those games so far.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Shale wrote:

Why wouldn't it? Atlus USA has released every other SMT game that's come out since Nocturne (including the remake of Persona 1 and all three versions of Persona 3)...and the worst thing about it is that it has a resurrected Hitler in it would make it one of the arguably least offensive of those games so far.

And apparently the real reason for not releasing Innocent Sin was time/money constraint issues, not the content of the game.

But...imagine what the reaction would be now if Atlus said no to bringing this over Laughing It's too good for them to pass up, especially since there's a HUGE chance Eternal Punishment will get the same treatment right after.

Last edited by sepherest on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Maybe Namco will let bitter Symphonia fans watch her aged demise.

Ouch, geez. Even though Collete was my least favorite party member aside from Regal, not to mention spoiler[I shipped Lloyd/Sheena, but Collette winning didn't upset me that much], I still thought she was a good character as was everyone (Regal as well). Some of her special attacks are cool-looking as well.

I actually finally started Tales of the Abyss yesterday, and really enjoying it so far. Though I have mixed feelings about Luke so far, his attitude is funny most of the time, but occasionally he comes off as too much of a jerk. Tear is great so far though.

I have never played any of the Fallout games, and based on what I've heard I'm really missing out. I'll get to them, eventually.......
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3