• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oreimo's Kirino Fragrance, Doll for Sale in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
When you think that this is based off a little sister character...
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I have yet to watch this show but I have to say that the doll is absolutely adorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I have yet to watch this show but I have to say that the doll is absolutely adorable.

I thought so too, but it cost more than the tickets to the Cavs game I bought for Saturday.

Holy, crap.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

I thought so too, but it cost more than the tickets to the Cavs game I bought for Saturday.

Holy, crap.

I didn't even see the price tag. I just looked now and I see what you mean.

Expensively cute. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
cool it look so cute
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

Holy, crap.

I didn't even see the price tag. I just looked now and I see what you mean.

Expensively cute. Shocked

Small wonder. It looks like some kind of geared-down dollfie.

My question is... how are they marketing the perfume? For who? The anime isn't aimed at women from what I've seen.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
I have four Azone dolls, two of them from licensed anime, and they're quite fascinating pieces of work. The only unfortunate thing about them is that they have no swappable expressions, like Figmas do. It's fine when the doll is made with a more generic face, but Kirino's tsundere face here is a rather distinctive mood. It'd be really nice to have a blushing face!

I guess they're not using the new XS body? The improved shoulder articulation looks awesome.

In regards to ANN's lost Oreimo simulcast, here's a case where Aniplex is losing out on potential profit. I quite possibly would have bought such merchandise for the show. But I can't know how much I'll like the show or if I want character merchandise until I can actually watch the show, presumably when it comes out on R1 DVD. But by then this stuff will all be sold out! (because that's how the otaku merchandising game works)

LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

Holy, crap.

Ha, if you think that's bad, the Strike Witches branded Azones cost 19,000 Yen (or $232), since they have a lot more bulky equipment (striker units, weapons, and a special clear stand for flying poses).
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
Ugh. I did not need to see that doll. She's so CUTE! I'm trying to downsize my doll collection not add to it Embarassed Azone dolls are getting harder and harder to ignore. It doesn't help that most doll makers have their game face on right now and are putting out amazing work. Not to mention more of them are anime tie-ins. I'm doomed Crying or Very sad
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's really cheap for a dollfie.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
In regards to ANN's lost Oreimo simulcast, here's a case where Aniplex is losing out on potential profit. I quite possibly would have bought such merchandise for the show. But I can't know how much I'll like the show or if I want character merchandise until I can actually watch the show, presumably when it comes out on R1 DVD. But by then this stuff will all be sold out! (because that's how the otaku merchandising game works)

My thoughts exactly. I was ready to watch it on ANN and very likely buy a little merchandise, but now, not so likely. I collect figma and there has been one figma Kirino teased that I would have likely bought, but I probably wont know. Unfortunately our voices aren't going to be heard when it comes to merchandise that's going to probably sell out in their first runs easily anyway. Still holding out hope that FUNi streams it considering how many Aniplex titles they stream.

Anyway, saw the doll on Tomopop last week. Dolls aren't my thing, but I think Azone does a pretty good job on the likenesses. Hair and outfits anyway, faces are often too broad and plain for my taste. But it works for Kirino since she already has a rather round face.

Emerje
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 am Reply with quote
This doll has to be the best character design from anime Azone has ever done. It's almost as though the character was modeled after the doll, not the other way around.

Impressive, both design and price.

I laughed when I read some thought this doll was expensive.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quote
ptj_tsubasa wrote:
Wow, that's really cheap for a dollfie.

It's not a dollfie. Dollfie is a trademarked brand produced by Volks. This doll is made by Azone.

Also, Azone's Pure Neemo dolls aren't ball-jointed (except for one spot in the ankle). The rest is a clever mix of hinge and pivot joints.
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote
Is this show any good? It's getting a lot of buzz, but it doesn't seemed too far removed from that horrible show with the two sisters who want to molest their brother.

I don't mind moe shows at all as long as they are well done (i.e. the characters seem like normal people you would like, not just pandering fan service characters.)

Also I don't collect dolls, but I know for a fact that price is on the cheap side. Not expensive at all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, a Kirino Fragrance - when you absolutely have to smell vaguely incesty, no other scent will do.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah yes, a Kirino Fragrance - when you absolutely have to smell vaguely incesty, no other scent will do.

I'm disappointed in you, Blood-. You should have been more than capable of seeing the connection between otaku (renowned for their con-attending personal hygiene) and this product (assuming it doesn't smell of strawberry).

More disappointing is the fact you didn't target the doll at all. Slip and hit your head last night?

Tsk. Tsk.

Well, maybe there will be news of the series sponsoring a condom line having the slogan (ripped from a camera ad) "For all those special family moments" so you can try again.

Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2