• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2010 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
I know the preview's over and all, but y'know, I'm still slightly annoyed by one thing. None of the ladies reviewed Kuragehime.

Yes, the guys here can be upstanding guys that can speak for a wide audience but wouldn't it have made sense for a young woman or two to review what seems to be a Josei show?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:23 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

I've said this in the past when this was wheeled out as a legitimate excuse. Two wrongs don't make it right. If there is no other way of previewing a title except by using an illegal method, then I'd just as soon not know about it anyway. But at this point in time I don't see why with your connections, you simply can't ask permission from the studios for sample episodes, come on guy's it's not the 1990's anymore.

Not that I don't appreciate the 148th sermon on the issue being handed to me but did it occur to you that we've been doing it this way for years and years, and yet we have strong connections to all of Japan's major animation studios and none of them have ever raised an objection to it or taken issue with it? Ever?

You make it sound as if they were well aware of ANN's using of illegal fansubs for these previews/reviews, but raised no objection? Doesn't that highlight an issue of double standards? It does to me, but if it is as you say, and they, the studios and distributors, are quite happy with that to continue, in full knowledge thereof, I shall say no more about it. But did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they were testing your integrity not to do so? Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quote
But Mohawk52, if ANN didn't use fansubs when no legitimate source was available, then you'd be losing a chance to flaunt your righteous indignation. Think about it.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
You make it sound as if they were well aware of ANN's using of illegal fansubs for these previews/reviews, but raised no objection?

How could they not be aware?

Quote:

Doesn't that highlight an issue of double standards?

Only if they are the same licensors who are complaining about fansubs. Some of them really aren't complaining that much.

Quote:

But did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they were testing your integrity not to do so? Wink

They make lots of money from testing people's "integrity"? I think not.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 am Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
You make it sound as if they were well aware of ANN's using of illegal fansubs for these previews/reviews, but raised no objection?

How could they not be aware?
How could they not object?
Wink
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't that highlight an issue of double standards?

Only if they are the same licensors who are complaining about fansubs. Some of them really aren't complaining that much.
Or can't be heard over the din of rejection.

Quote:
Quote:

But did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they were testing your integrity not to do so? Wink

They make lots of money from testing people's "integrity"? I think not.
Make money? From ANN? Me thinks not as well.

@Blood-; You like living on the edge, don't you? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 57 of 57