• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Udon Ships Street Fighter Gaiden Manga on November 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuskofDaimao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Street Fighter sucks. Worked as a game maybe many, many moons ago, made by a fairly good game developer (also more famous for "Resident Evil"). There's no reason to keep pushing this franchise forward, when it makes hardly any money--the new Street Fighter game barely broke 1 million copies. Teh. It's actually tried a hand at manga as well? Pretty abysmal, and overly generic, when there are galaxies full of more entertaining comic material out there; Street Fighter is a waste of talent on Capcom's part.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
HuskofDaimao wrote:
Street Fighter sucks. Worked as a game maybe many, many moons ago, made by a fairly good game developer (also more famous for "Resident Evil"). There's no reason to keep pushing this franchise forward, when it makes hardly any money--the new Street Fighter game barely broke 1 million copies. Teh. It's actually tried a hand at manga as well? Pretty abysmal, and overly generic, when there are galaxies full of more entertaining comic material out there; Street Fighter is a waste of talent on Capcom's part.

Uh..

Quote:
Sales numbers for Super Street Fighter 4 have outperformed predictions so far. The original forecast was for the title to sell 1.1 million copies, but it has already sold 1.35 million units world wide.

Quote:
VGChatz.com is reporting that Capcom expects to sell 1.1 million copies of Super Street Fighter 4.

For comparison's sake, the original title, Street Fighter 4, sold 2.7 million copies world wide on the console machines according to the same website. 1.43 million on the PlayStation 3 and 1.27 million on the XBox 360.

Considering it's just an update for SFIV that most dumbasses think should be free DLC it sold pretty damn well.. not to mention the DLC costumes which are extremely profitable.

And you're also got the upcoming Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with new characters and rebalance which is sure to be DLC.. even if half of the 1.35 million upgrade that's still a lot of money for the expense.

Not to mention that Street Fighter IV has completely revitalized the Fighting game tournament scene with over 1600 entries in this years Evolution championship. In most countries that never had a strong tourny scene SFIV has changed that.

In other words you don't know what the fudge you're talking about.
robo-ky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
...well blazblue CS is better but i'm just glad fei-long got his own story, from what i remember he never got much screen time in the old anime films
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
I've heard a lot of good things about Mami Itoh- Jason Thompson has said a lot of good things abou Pilgrim Jager- so I was totally sold on her doing a Street Fighter manga [she's an illustrator for Capcom, so having her do the comics made sense]. I've also preordered her Darkstalkers manga Smile Given both series are just 2 volumes long, and SF Gaiden is a short story collection, they're low comittments with crazy kinetic awesome art, so definitely worth my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1