• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam AGE's 3rd Opening Theme Performed by ViVid

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
I kinda wish that it would be a bigger time gap between the 2nd Age and 3rd Age. I mean... Flit's only gonna be 64, which means he's probably still going to be in the 3rd Age. I'd rather see the 3rd age be 50 years after the 2nd, and Kia to be Asem's grandson.
naninanino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe he will kick the bucket. Seriously, either he or Asemu needs to die.

Anyway, rewatching some 00, I can say that at least the songs are miles better in AGE. In terms of how they fit at least.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda surprised that its going to be 50 years since the series started. I had hope that they were going to do 100 years they had been claiming when they were announcing the launch of the series. I am disappointment, to get away from its founding characters would have been interesting.

Thems the breaks i guess.

I'm not really into Pretty boy J-Bands, but theme music for the series has been memoriable. I stil try to keep in mind that is gear towards younger crowd, not for long tme Gundam fans.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm kinda surprised that its going to be 50 years since the series started. I had hope that they were going to do 100 years they had been claiming when they were announcing the launch of the series. I am disappointment, to get away from its founding characters would have been interesting.

I thought I had remembered them claiming it would take place over a century. I also remember them saying that it was Flit, "his son" Asem, and "his descendant" Kia... While grandson does fit as "descendant", with the century/100 years comment, I'd rather great or great-great grandson.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
so 3rd gen is 50yrs after 1st gen?

give 2nd gen is 25 yrs after 1st gen

yea do your math

flit is 14 will be 64 if he also in 3rd gen
asemu is 17 will be 42 in 3rd gen

i guess assume want all 3 appear in 3rd gen yea pull a 3-gen hero finale?

give if both will appear in gen 3?
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
That's nice, they did some nice tracks for anime, and Gundam AGE is really good so far, better than 00 at least and certainly much better than G Gundam. I hope they give it a fitting final opening. The first was good, 2nd was....okay.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
That's nice, they did some nice tracks for anime, and Gundam AGE is really good so far, better than 00 at least and certainly much better than G Gundam. I hope they give it a fitting final opening. The first was good, 2nd was....okay.

You can't really compare any Gundam show to G. G is so over the top and ridiculous compared to traditional Gundam titles. Hell, you could take away all mention of Gundams and just call them G Fighters and it'd still be an awesome show.

And what brought up the G comparison by the way? You'd be better off comparing it to SEED as that's more recent like 00. G was made in the early 90s so comparing a show in the 2010's to a show in the 1990s is sort of pointless.

Haven't really heard of any of these groups doing the OPS. And for the most part, they seem more like ending themes with the ending themes being the OPs.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

You can't really compare any Gundam show to G. G is so over the top and ridiculous compared to traditional Gundam titles. Hell, you could take away all mention of Gundams and just call them G Fighters and it'd still be an awesome show.

And what brought up the G comparison by the way? You'd be better off comparing it to SEED as that's more recent like 00. G was made in the early 90s so comparing a show in the 2010's to a show in the 1990s is sort of pointless.

Haven't really heard of any of these groups doing the OPS. And for the most part, they seem more like ending themes with the ending themes being the OPs.

Agreed.

Also, totally agree G was awesome and a lot of fun.

I've noticed that too, the OPs really do remind me of EDs far more than OPs, maybe that's why I've been pretty iffy towards AGEs OPs, since I tend to prefer OPs to EDs.

TopGunman wrote:
Gundam AGE is really good so far, better than 00 at least and certainly much better than G Gundam.

I know I'm contributing to the usual "better Gundam debate" that ends up in virtually every Gundam thread with this but I can't help it since AGE has been really underwhelming/disappointing to me:

In my opinion at least, hell no it's not. 00 is completely better than AGE in every facet to me; from story, to animation, to tone, to characters and mecha, to action choreography, to soundtrack, etc.

naninanino wrote:

Anyway, rewatching some 00, I can say that at least the songs are miles better in AGE. In terms of how they fit at least.

Yeah I'm also surprised, I thought they were going for 100 years.

Since we're just comparing between 00 and AGE I guess, personally I found the first 3 00 openings better than any of the AGE OPs though the last 00 opening I didn't like all that much, however if you're talking about actual main soundtracks then Kenji Kawai's Gundam 00 soundtrack destroys AGE's from Kei Yoshikawa, though the soundtrack is pretty good and one of the better parts of AGE.
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
I know what songs are. 00's soundtrack is amazing, but the songs are random J-rock that has no place in a Gundam anime. It is a disaster when something like that starts playing as an insert song like in the final special edition version.
LaSean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Nope! 00 and G are much, much, much better than age. Especially flits part cause that was horrible. But Asemu part is good so far.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
LaSean wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
Nope! 00 and G are much, much, much better than age. Especially flits part cause that was horrible. But Asemu part is good so far.

Yeah.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I hope ViVid makes a great song. So far, I am enjoying the music.

naninanino wrote:

Laughing Personally, I think Asem is tolerable. He's very friendly and naive, the latter being much like his dad when protecting people and friends (Flit and girls...), but tolerant.

Hopefully, he won't go down the dark path.
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
WatchforMoons7 wrote:

Laughing Personally, I think Asem is tolerable. He's very friendly and naive, the latter being much like his dad when protecting people and friends (Flit and girls...), but tolerant.

I don't hate them. It's just that I think sacrificing them for some drama would be great. I'd personally kill off Asemu or do something like Zeta Gundam did.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
LaSean wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

I'm sorry, I generally don't get involved in arguments like this, but I almost snorted my food at the thought that G Gundam is better than anything. I just finished it, and I am never touching that piece of garbage again. AGE is much better.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Just to get out of the way that which ever Gundam series is better is purely subjective, does anybody else think that it's a little soon to be promoting generation 3? AGE gen. 2 didn't get press until the tail end of gen. 1, and it's barely halfway through that their already talking about gen. 3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2