• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Adds Slayers Revolution, Evolution-R Fantasy Sequels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

So I get to watch Tales of the Abyss right now. Would my life be any worse if I was watching Gurren Lagann now, and Tales of the Abyss in six months?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for simultaneous,international releases. But until those are common place, I don't need to watch fansubs of shows that will be out on R1 DVD in 6-18 months.

-t

Yes, this is a fair point but only if we are interested in Gurren Lagann or something else out now in comparison to something else we would like to see come out. Not all shows are interchangeable like that. If someone has fairly broad tastes but anime is one of their major things then they still could manage to watch most things that are out and be looking for something else.

(I'm not one to talk though, I actually have several shows I have purchased sitting on my shelf right now and I'm complaining about Spice & Wolf not being picked up by Funimation today).

I tend to do that a lot with blind purchases, I'll buy them and then sit on them for awhile until I feel like testing whether or not I spent the money well or not. It prevents buyers remorse. LOL.

Anyway, I don't see any harm in seeing things early regardless of our reasons (greed, impatience, etc.) if we still buy it when it's out and don't wait for cheap box sets solely because we already saw it.

I use the cheap box sets for my blind purchases for stuff I didn't see earlier (School Rumble, Devil May Cry, etc.)
arcsis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm crossing my fingers but I doubt I'll hear the real Lina again.

That's my fear too when they do come though with the dub is that they'll get someone other than Lisa Ortiz.
While I didn't really like Cynthia Martinez as Lina, I'd take her as a second choice. Anime catgrin
I guess that's a plus of watching subs, generally the cast is the same across tv/ova/movies. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

/waits anxiously for news on the cast.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
I desperately hope they get Lisa Ortiz back. She was brilliant as Lina. I hope they get the entire cast back, I love the English dub, since I prefer understanding my anime and not getting a headache from reading subtitles.
NashvilleRibeye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I desperately hope they get Lisa Ortiz back. She was brilliant as Lina. I hope they get the entire cast back, I love the English dub, since I prefer understanding my anime and not getting a headache from reading subtitles.

Since I'm a bit late to this forum party here, I'll say for those that don't already know that with the exception of David Moo not returning as Xellos, they have indeed gotten the rest of the CPM cast to return (Lisa Ortiz, Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Crispin Freeman).

Also, I keep seeing the words "Digital Release in 2009" regarding the Funimation release, but those are the only words. Does anyone know when in 2009 this "Digital Release" might be happening? Does that mean it's to be available online or on some OnDemand Cable Channel?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7