• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hana-saku Iroha: Home Sweet Home's Key Visual Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to return to Kissuisou myself.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

^this x 100% A really big shame that both major slice-of-life/coming of age titles were overlooked and not picked up last year.
reanimator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Really. I would be impressed if you made pilgrimage to actual Japanese town where the show's scenes are based from.

@Kit-Tsukasa
We don't if it's going to get licensed or not. It still needs huge following and who knows? Maybe some company will make a surprise announcement.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
A really big shame that both major slice-of-life/coming of age titles were overlooked and not picked up last year.

Do keep in mind that the series only ended in September, so it hasn't been that long, and licensing decisions over the past couple of years have shown that some companies are still willing to go even several years back to pick something up. Based on past trends, I wouldn't now be surprised if NIS America eventually takes a chance on this one.

And if this new project does turn out to be something animated - even an OVA episode - then I am strongly looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
A really big shame that both major slice-of-life/coming of age titles were overlooked and not picked up last year.

Do keep in mind that the series only ended in September, so it hasn't been that long, and licensing decisions over the past couple of years have shown that some companies are still willing to go even several years back to pick something up. Based on past trends, I wouldn't now be surprised if NIS America eventually takes a chance on this one.

And if this new project does turn out to be something animated - even an OVA episode - then I am strongly looking forward to it.

I would love an NIS release of this series, though I would prefer a Dub more. this was a great series overall and I enjoyed almost all the episodes immensely.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
I would love for Hana-saku Iroha to get picked up for NA distribution - I'd pre-order a special/limited edition of it if one were made available, and I don't normally pre-order. This series was definitely my personal sleeper-hit from its season, and I'd love to add it to my collection.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

I just made this very same prediction on a post on another site about the NIS announcement of the Anohana limited, premium release. Hanasaku Iroha, Gosick, and Mawaru Penguindrum all fit their recent "Anime with impressive art that have somehow slipped past the other publishers and have a following of people that fit into the demographic of 'those willing to pay through the nose for releases that have pretty art books and no dub or BluRay'" To be effective, it helps if they wait at least 9 months to a year or more, so the fans get that, "It will never get released here," vibe going strong and the announcement of their "premium only, check your wallet at the gate and we'll just take what we want and you can have this show that you have longed for" offer will be received with vigorous, heart palpitating, unmitigated joy by the suckers... I mean customers...

I know that is what happened with me when the Zakuro announcement happened. I literally did a fist-pump and a breathy, "Yessssss!", then I clicked around until I found the pre-order screen on RightStuf, placed my order, and am waiting with bated breath for the pretty, shiny package to dent my wallet and brighten my HD screen! (I actually ordered two, as my 15 year-old son wanted his own copy, since he will be moving on to college in a few years and knows that there ain't-no-chance he'll be allowed to take dad's copy of Zakuro out of this house!) LOL!
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Key wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

I just made this very same prediction on a post on another site about the NIS announcement of the Anohana limited, premium release. Hanasaku Iroha, Gosick, and Mawaru Penguindrum all fit their recent "Anime with impressive art that have somehow slipped past the other publishers and have a following of people that fit into the demographic of 'those willing to pay through the nose for releases that have pretty art books and no dub or BluRay'" To be effective, it helps if they wait at least 9 months to a year or more, so the fans get that, "It will never get released here," vibe going strong and the announcement of their "premium only, check your wallet at the gate and we'll just take what we want and you can have this show that you have longed for" offer will be received with vigorous, heart palpitating, unmitigated joy by the suckers... I mean customers...

I know that is what happened with me when the Zakuro announcement happened. I literally did a fist-pump and a breathy, "Yessssss!", then I clicked around until I found the pre-order screen on RightStuf, placed my order, and am waiting with bated breath for the pretty, shiny package to dent my wallet and brighten my HD screen! (I actually ordered two, as my 15 year-old son wanted his own copy, since he will be moving on to college in a few years and knows that there ain't-no-chance he'll be allowed to take dad's copy of Zakuro out of this house!) LOL!

Hey, whatever drives sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1