• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, December 22-28: Naruto Returns

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
So basically Naruto is going to be the best seller until the series ends? As much as I am glad it's a shonen series that is popular and is helping Viz Media stay in business, I wouldn't mind some variety.

At least Shonen Jump is making a big revenue from this though.
strider175

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
well if anything this is a positive for naruto manga, though I do not know if this is positive for Viz Media. sure they make a lot of money on Naruto sales, but much of that is put back into the smaller titles. if those smaller titles do not sell, Viz will have to cut back on licensing newer titles. can't ride the naruto wagon forever unless manga/anime becomes a long term property like spiderman, batman and such, but that is generally not the case for anime/manga since the whole thing with them is that there is a beginning and end to series.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Naruto has been running for a deacade now, my guess is in the next two to five year span Naruto will end. As for the Viz Media translation of Naruto though, I think the series will last a couple more years.

Strider175 is right though, anime/manga has a begining and has a ending. I really can't imagine Naruto still creating new episodes past five years from now though.

Hopefully Viz Media is making a vast revenue while Naruto is still a big hit though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1