• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Entertainment to Distribute Samurai Champloo 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kushiel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
stardust462 wrote:
I may be totally wrong about this, but I think that because Funi has Tsubasa that would make them lean more towards CCS. But I don't know how popular Tsubasa is.

I don't think I saw anyone mention Fushigi Yuugi in this thread yet as a title people want picked up. I know that was a Geneon title - did Funi or someone else get it? If not, I hope they list that also.

A fellow Fushigi Yuugi fan...looks like we're both in the same boat.

As for CCS, if FUNi can get xxHOLiC and Tsubasa, they can get CCS and give it a new, uncut dub. (Look at what they did with One Piece--the first English dub was hacked to hell, then 4Kids lost it, FUNi swiped it up, and now they're treating it a lot better.)

Count me in on FY too. I'm willing to pay out the nose for something I like (hell, I paid $100 for the Yami no Matsuei boxset...) but the $400-$500 for FY was just too much, even in 2000.

I'm just happy I picked up Bastard!! already, even if it was the VHS boxset.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
stardust462 wrote:
I may be totally wrong about this, but I think that because Funi has Tsubasa that would make them lean more towards CCS. But I don't know how popular Tsubasa is.

I don't think I saw anyone mention Fushigi Yuugi in this thread yet as a title people want picked up. I know that was a Geneon title - did Funi or someone else get it? If not, I hope they list that also.

A fellow Fushigi Yuugi fan...looks like we're both in the same boat.

As for CCS, if FUNi can get xxHOLiC and Tsubasa, they can get CCS and give it a new, uncut dub. (Look at what they did with One Piece--the first English dub was hacked to hell, then 4Kids lost it, FUNi swiped it up, and now they're treating it a lot better.)

Count me in on FY too. I'm willing to pay out the nose for something I like (hell, I paid $100 for the Yami no Matsuei boxset...) but the $400-$500 for FY was just too much, even in 2000.

I'm just happy I picked up Bastard!! already, even if it was the VHS boxset.

I don't see why Geneon couldn't charge prices that are actually reasonable for their box sets. Why couldn't they? What did they think was going to happen? (No wonder they went under!)

Bastard!! could also stand to be rescued. Just because it's an older show does NOT mean it can't be rescued! (It's because of its OOP status that I had to download rips of it.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I didn't like Champloo enought to shell out 160 bucks for the set way back when, so here's hoping for a more economical release this time.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Like for Vandred, Last Exile, and now this-I really don't care-I have all of the Geneon releases of these.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they already release this a loooooooooooooong time ago? I remember renting the whole series on Netflix like 3 years ago.

I hope FUNi picked it up to do something different with it, Blu-Ray or Hulu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9