• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Entertainment to Distribute Samurai Champloo 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quote
PROTIP: Clicky the WWW button on his profile.

Anyway, if the last big announcement is something to cheer about, then this thing won't have been a total loss.

Unfortunately the only rescues I see myself getting are Monte Cristo and Last Exile, oh well.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quote
In my previous post, I forgot to support the side regarding those against complaining, so to those who are still complaining about these licenses...just be glad they didn't acquire something like Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Twisted Evil

US companies need to license more school-life, drama, romance stuff...too much action series (and people wonder why kids are more violent and suicidal than ever)
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quote
Japan is overflowing with moe and harem right now. Err...so is that such a good idea?
Calculusman

sailorsean wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
The only problem with this is that, as an owner of an anime blog, I'll be pressing reload all day since I have no clue when they'll actually announce anything else Anime cry Anime cry Anime cry

GeneralArrow wrote:
I'm pretty pleased with what they've announced so far just a bit surprised. Gungrave, Last Exile, Vandread and Samurai Champlo are all awesome series which I have yet to own and glad I will have the chance. Don't forget folks that its not new years eve yet.

Um, yes it is lol. (I think you mean that New Years Eve isn't over yet...)

Oh really? May I ask what your blog is Question

Just click on the "www" button at the bottom of one of my posts Very Happy
pparker

So, from Lance's post I expect we'll have another chance to post final thoughts on all the new licenses. Only a couple that interest me so far, or that I don't already own, but I am happy to see quality shows salvaged. It's important for the future to have these available to new fans.

Still being a young fan myself and now beginning to focus on back in time for classic anime, it's difficult if not impossible to find some of the older ones. The respectful fansub community has rescued a lot of them that would never be seen otherwise, but still fansubs don't compare to a professional production release. (People can laugh at M.D. Geist, and I believe I recall Justin lamenting being forced to work on it, but the director/writer's commentary is priceless.)

I only watched an episode or two of Soul Eater, and the art was impressive but it felt a bit too shounen for my tastes. My vote for a big New Year's ball drop announcement is Eva Rebuilt. Here's hoping...
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
My lord.

I tend to start away from this peculiar word since it's quite offensive, but looks like I'll have to rely on it to get the point across...

You people are absolutely godamn retarded. All you're doing is whining and moaning about GOOD news. What Funi is doing is rescuing shows from the grave...yet you're bitching because a show or two that isn't in yet, but will inevitably be IN...is lacking in news yet?

...Even a frickin Chimpanzee would flip you off for this kind of logic, and more specifically, this childish level of impatience.

They WILL get announced! If you haven't noticed...they're stocking in announcements at the speed of a bullet train! Calm the fudge down!

??? i don't see any whining. in fact, Lance just hinted that something big is coming.

I guess you missed the first three pages or so...

You want me to copy and paste the whining?
bakayasha14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quote
I quite wish that they had announced this sooner because I just bought the boxset earlier this month on ebay. ^^;

Then again, I MAY have accidently bought a bootleg(it was my first time buying something from ebay). So if I did, then I look highly forward to re-buying this series. One of my favourites. ^^
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote
bakayasha14 wrote:
I quite wish that they had announced this sooner because I just bought the boxset earlier this month on ebay. ^^;

Then again, I MAY have accidently bought a bootleg(it was my first time buying something from ebay). So if I did, then I look highly forward to re-buying this series. One of my favourites. ^^

Hmm. If it came on 3 discs, it's probably a bootleg lol. I found that that's one of the best ways to tell as bootleggers usually cram the episodes on half as many discs as they originally came on.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
If you look on eBay right now, for example, Trigun is offered as almost nothing BUT bootlegs. I bet your Champloo was a fake, too, sadly.

I have to say everything wasn't a complete loss, as FUNi is still releasing some decent NEWER shows as singles, and we can all rejoice when the boxed versions hit next year, right?
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Japan is overflowing with moe and harem right now. Err...so is that such a good idea?

What's wrong with moe and harem? Moe makes saimoe go around Laughing

I like my moe and my ever increasing harem....
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
You know how Mike Toole feels about those shows? Um...yeah. That's all I'll say.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
If you look on eBay right now, for example, Trigun is offered as almost nothing BUT bootlegs. I bet your Champloo was a fake, too, sadly.

I have to say everything wasn't a complete loss, as FUNi is still releasing some decent NEWER shows as singles, and we can all rejoice when the boxed versions hit next year, right?

This is starting to meander off topic, but I just had to laugh at the guy trying to sell his set for $100.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
You crazy Texans and your 24-hour days.

No! They're in the central time zone so it's a 25 hour day!

What do they do with that extra hour?

They watch Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 episodes. Wink
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
bakayasha14 wrote:

I rarely even look at eBay anymore because they don't police bootlegs. That place has gone downhill with rockets in the past few years. Amazon sellers is often cheaper anyway, and they do boot the "imports" with a vengeance. Rightstuf is still the best for new copies if you have the patience to wait for sales. And I do not own stock in any of the companies mentioned in this article... Smile
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

This is starting to meander off topic, but I just had to laugh at the guy trying to sell his set for $100.

Anime hyper Got the link?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9