• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Files Tales of Xillia Trademark in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
Wasn't Tales of Hearts (and maybe a few others?) also trademarked for US long ago...
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
why wouldn't they localize the PS3 version with so many people clamoring for it?

Are there really that many people who'd buy the PS3 version? I mean, sure, the people who do want it are very vocal, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're a large group.

If you want your loli pirate so badly, go play Eternia, or something...
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
IIRC, it has something to do with Microsoft. Like the only reason it got localized in the first place was because of Microsoft, but the contract stated it could only be released in the west exclusively for the 360, so Namco can't localize the PS3 version.

There is no exclusivity deal for Tales of Vesperia. Somebody at Namco Bandai confirmed this. Also Troy Baker (who voiced Yuri Lowell in Vesperia) confirmed that he recorded additional dialogue for the PS3 version confirming that Namco Bandai maybe had planned to release the PS3 version in US, we, don't know what happen to the PS3 version of Vesperia but it looks like Namco Bandai was going to release the PS3 version in US and now there's no plan for it.

Quote:
Wasn't Tales of Hearts (and maybe a few others?) also trademarked for US long ago...

correct!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Why is that wrong? It's business. Money is a valid reason to pick one system over another.

Heck, look at SF x Tekken, Capcom offered exclusive characters, but Microsoft didn't want to pay while Sony did, so Sony got the exclusive characters. Laughing

aereus wrote:
Well, anythings possible with a patch. Thats the whole point of a patch file, actually Smile

Heck, for the first time, Mass Effect 3 has a DLC for a whole new ending of the game for those who didn't like the original ending. Laughing

aereus wrote:

I think it comes down to the not-so-joking quip my friends and I make when Japan does something that doesn't make sense:

Japan hates money.

There are many cases where they are just seemingly sitting on something for no reason that could make them a lot of money. It prints money, but they won't do it.

Japan hates money Wink

But then, my friends won't trust Sony with their credit cards. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2