• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mass Effect: Paragon Lost Anime Film's Teaser Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Coming from the perspective of one who's never played the games, this movie sounds interesting. And with Production I.G. involved on the animation front, I think it will look pretty good. Personally, I like it that companies are taking a chance on animated movies based on game properties. I've never played the Final Fantasy games, nor the Halo games, but I enjoyed FFVII: AC and Halo - Legends. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
RommieSG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Mass Effect 2 was not released last year. The PC and 360 versions were released in January, 2010. The PS3 version was released in January 2011.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
RommieSG wrote:
Mass Effect 2 was not released last year. The PC and 360 versions were released in January, 2010. The PS3 version was released in January 2011.

[i]Mass Effect 2[/1] was released last year in Japan.
domino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they really picked the least interesting character and story they could dig out of the Mass Effect universe. No Tali? No Garrus? Not even a sexy bishoujo female Shepard? (the official red-headed one that is getting a "bishoujo" figure... look it up)

As much as I love Mass Effect, it's hard to get excited about a plot that sounds that bland. At least it looks like Liara will be in it, since her name is next to one of the asari sketches in the teaser.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
this looks great so far. As long as they don't rely too heavily on CG or don't botch the story too badly I'm game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2