• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Junjō Romantica Boys-Love Manga Gets New Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
SnaphappyFMA wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
ayashe wrote:
This makes me so happy! No one is scanlating this manga, and no one is releasing new volumes so I've been cut off from JJR. I thought me and this series were done.
Quote:
I *know* that beggars can't be choosers, but why does it have to be more of the same old stuff? The uke is always so fuking weak and pathetic in this series. Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi? Why does it have to be boring modern life yaoi? It's not fair! Why can't it be Lamento? or Tokaido Hisame? Why! Why?

I don't care about the uke, and I hate historical/fantasy themed BL. Just like you think modern life yaoi is boring, other people think historical yaoi is boring too.

Let's see, of all the yaoi (not shounen ai) that has been adapted to anime, maybe 2 or 3 have been non-modern day? Screw that gobshyte, I'm tired of the same old boring salary-man/school yaoi! And fantasy need not be historical. Just give me something with a good plot and good loving that doesn't involve dumb wimpy characters in the usual scenarios! Hell, I'd kill for even just a sports yaoi! Just something different! Anything less, is just the same garbage that we usually get stuck with. At least I'm not alone!

Have you seen "Embracing Love - Fuyu no Semi"? It's historical yaoi where both the seme and uke are strong characters. Very well done - unforgettable, even.

Of course, I loved it! But it was so short and bittersweet Crying or Very sad
taylorlynn04

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Shocked *goes into fangirl mode*

AAAAAHH!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Misaki x Usagi-san FTW!

I hope Right Stuf picks this up as well Very Happy

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! THIS TOTALLY MADE MY DAY Smile
TenTen143

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Actually, according to the magazine, it's going to be an 20minute ova containing all 3 couples Smile found my source via tumblr lol and people from aarinfantasy already knows this same info too! before i got to tell them about it lol but hey at least it's something! Smile

http://mightythundergirl.tumblr.com/post/20155564050/new-update-junjou-romantica-anime[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
piplup0122

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
TenTen143 wrote:
Actually, according to the magazine, it's going to be an 20minute ova containing all 3 couples Smile found my source via tumblr lol and people from aarinfantasy already knows this same info too! before i got to tell them about it lol but hey at least it's something! Smile

http://mightythundergirl.tumblr.com/post/20155564050/new-update-junjou-romantica-anime[/url]

Yea i heard it was only gonna be an OVA too Sad
The magazine should have made it more clear if it was going to be a new season or just an OVA
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2