Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Plans for Gundam Anime's 30th Anniversary


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
v1cious



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 5960
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote
there's a rumor floating around that Gintama's getting canceled, cause of this anniversary overhaul. this bothers me a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Dimlos



Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
A great thing to do for the 30th anniversary would be to give us a halfway decent Gundam series instead of the mediocre/terrible series they've been tossing out for the past... two decades, almost. That being said, I've already come to the realization that it's too much to hope for. Would be nice, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kit-Tsukasa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 930
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
there's a rumor floating around that Gintama's getting canceled, cause of this anniversary overhaul. this bothers me a lot.

canceled permanently? That would bother me despite being a gundam fanatic....anyways...this looks interesting. It'll probably occur after Gundam 00 SS ends in March/April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Here's to hoping for more UC OVAs. ZIEG ZEON!

Dimlos wrote:
A great thing to do for the 30th anniversary would be to give us a halfway decent Gundam series instead of the mediocre/terrible series they've been tossing out for the past... two decades, almost. That being said, I've already come to the realization that it's too much to hope for. Would be nice, though.


I too am tired of the pretty-boy TEAM GUNDAM FORCE bs that plagued Wing, SEED, an 00. Sure Loran was a pretty boy to some degree, but he made an adorable trap, probably one the hottest Gundam "women" ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Unknown 24



Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 112
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
They need to make ova's out of some of Kazuhisa Kondo's Gundam manga(and a few other related UC related manga by other authors .


I'd like to see 'Dogs of War' made into an ova. Also 'Char's deleted Affair' made into an ova.


They need to return back to the UC time era and tell us some more stories.




Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
edzieba



Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 704
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Rumours abound of an animated version of Unicorn, but personally I'd prefer a Turn-A prequel, or an animated version of Gaia Gear.

Quote:
I too am tired of the pretty-boy TEAM GUNDAM FORCE bs that plagued Wing, SEED, an 00. Sure Loran was a pretty boy to some degree, but he made an adorable trap, probably one the hottest Gundam "women" ever.
Whilst Seed was painfully boring, Wing and 00 seem to get undeservedly short stick. Surely character designs alone shouldn't be a reason not to enjoy a series? Escaflowne serves as a perfect example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Majin Tenshi



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 433
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
A UC animated work is what i would like for the 30th anniversary. My wish is for: Char's Deleted Affair & Cross Bone Gundam.

And my impossible dream is for a ZZ Compilation that act as true sequel to the Z movies and cancels the medicore (IMO) Char's Counter Attack movie by inserting Amuro & Char's story in ZZ as it was originally planned.

Sadly, UC Gundam works don't appeal to many of current fandom

Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2508
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
there's a rumor floating around that Gintama's getting canceled, cause of this anniversary overhaul. this bothers me a lot.


Source of rumor?

Gundam series don't even air on TV Tokyo, so yeah, odd rumor unless it's because Sunrise would be short of staff (but didn't they just talk about more Code Geass?).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3140
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
i want to see some hathaways flash animated Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chibisama



Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see the three novels Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation animated especially since Yoshiuiki Tomino himself wrote the novels.

Last edited by chibisama on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 7925
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
my impossible dream is for a ZZ Compilation that act as true sequel to the Z movies and cancels the medicore (IMO) Char's Counter Attack movie by inserting Amuro & Char's story in ZZ as it was originally planned.


You watch ZZ again and tell me that wouldn't have been a disaster. CCA was a masterpiece and a near perfect ending to the saga. Even Tomino doesn't remember what he would have done with Char in ZZ, but if it was what Glemy Toto was doing, that it would have been horrible.

chibisama wrote:
I'd love to see the three novels Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation animated especially since Yoshiuiki Tomino himself wrote the novels.


Ugh, those novels were awful. Tomino is a great director, but not such a good writer.

I certainly look forward to what Sunrise does to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Gundam franchise. I just hope whatever it is, it's better than those terribly choppy Zeta Gundam movies and that it isn't an continuation of the CE era. 00 has somewhat redeemed the franchise, but they need to really punch it up to show the fans that Gundam can still be truly entertaining.

My hope? Some sort of Gryps Conflict side story involving the Karaba. Or Gundam Unicorn animated. Or a F91 series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RedTail



Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 176
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Like another poster mentioned, Unicorn is rumored to be the big project. Personally, I'd like to see "Gundam: The Origin" animated with Yas directing or an OVA that legitimately deals with opening weeks of the OYW (not the shit IGLOO slapped together).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Julia-the-Great



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 328
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I love 00! Very Happy Nothin' wrong with some pretty boys piloting. Nowadays you can't get too far without running into a pretty boy in your action anime. I'm certainly not complaining!! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Majin Tenshi



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 433
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:
my impossible dream is for a ZZ Compilation that act as true sequel to the Z movies and cancels the medicore (IMO) Char's Counter Attack movie by inserting Amuro & Char's story in ZZ as it was originally planned.


You watch ZZ again and tell me that wouldn't have been a disaster. CCA was a masterpiece and a near perfect ending to the saga. Even Tomino doesn't remember what he would have done with Char in ZZ, but if it was what Glemy Toto was doing, that it would have been horrible.



ZZ was the least one i liked of the UC Gundam shows, as for CCA i don't rate it that high and perhaps it's masterpiece to you and others as well but it's surly not for me (& perhaps others as well) especially that the Char i admired in the original 0079 & Zeta was ruined and made into a joke in CCA.


My hope? Some sort of Gryps Conflict side story involving the Karaba. Or Gundam Unicorn animated. Or a F91 series.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 14082
Location: currently stalking my waifu
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, the Gundam SEED sequel movie is being released next (sorry, this) year I hear. All I can say is, it had better not be all that is on offer.

Last edited by dtm42 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group