• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Picks Up Evangelion:1.0 Anime Film Remake

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
RhymesWithEmpty wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:
If Kaworu has to be replaced I want it to be Crispin Freeman. I think a toned down Albedo voice would work for Kaworu. I really want the original cast back thouh

Ah, yes, Crispin Freeman would be a pretty good choice, I would be very happy with that. I'd been trying to think of good VAs for the role, but the only person I could think of was Johnny Yong Bosch, mainly due to Spike Spencer's role in Code Geass R2. And while I'm kind of curious as to whether or not Johnny could pull off a good Kaworu now, I'd rather not run the risk of thinking I'm hearing Lelouche and Rolo converse in an Eva movie, heh.

JYB has a better chance of being cast as Shinji actually. So you would be hearing Kyon and Koizumi conversing in an Eva movie.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
JYB could definitely do Shinji with his Renton or Emil voice (Tales of Symphonia sequel).

I don't feel like it's necessary to change away from Spike though, he did a pretty good job at "whiny boy" (what my sister likes to call Shinji).

I'm really pretty unconcerned with the dub carrying over or being changed. I feel like the original cast could probably do a better job and that there are plenty of interchangeable people who could fit slots if needed.
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
Good point, JYB probably would be cast as Shinji, unless they do want to bring Spike Spencer back, then, who knows, there's always the possibility of him being cast as Kaworu. It was more a whimsical musing on my part, though.

Shinji having Renton's voice would kind of bother me. I'm more in preference of Spencer coming back, really. Especially if people like Tiffany Grant and Allison Keith come back - it would just be so jarring to hear them having exchanges with a different Shinji.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
RhymesWithEmpty wrote:
Shinji having Renton's voice would kind of bother me.

Seconded. JYB has a good voice for shonen action heroes, but I cannot think of a performance he's done which convinces me that he'd be appropriate for Shinji. (His rendition of Renton took a long time to even be acceptable to my ear, and I never really liked it.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quote
JYB probably shouldn't be shinji but he would likely one of the only half suitable choices if spike can't come back.

Like can you imagine Kyle Herbert being shinji?
I never really liked that Renton either but I do think that Shinji should have a male voice no matter how whiny he is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10