• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Manga 65 Sells 3 Million in Less Than 2 Months

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
sender wrote:
I need... a Forbes list of Japan... manga+anime+merchandise+things-that-can't-be-classificated... next news will be "One Piece will have his own tematic resort in an artificial island in the Emirates" O.O

That would be cool, but on a real island not an artificial one! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
aeris2001x2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
Gah I entered this thread thinking there would be One Piece discussion. I don't want to have to worry about Naruto bashing/spoilers Sad

One Piece is better but Naruto is still awesome, let's leave it at that.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Naruto was awesome, now it has too much fanservice mixed with good moments (and great battles, sometimes).

This isn't bashing, it's the plain, simple reality. Sad

But people apparently prefer to think as "bashing" any analysis which goes behind comments like "that's cool" and other simple adjectives.

But i agree that we went quite OT from the main topic, by now. ^^'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
ARC-1300 wrote:
LaSean wrote:
At first glance I thought it said it sold 65 million in 2 months. I almost fainted.

Its still petty damn impressive, too bad it can't be like this in America.most here are concerned with narutos and sasukes,relationship.

Nah, they're busy reading kids killing each other. Laughing
SuperVegetto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Naruto was awesome, now it has too much fanservice mixed with good moments (and great battles, sometimes).

But people apparently prefer to think as "bashing" any analysis which goes behind comments like "that's cool" and other simple adjectives.

Naruto IS awesome. And fanservice? Are you [expletive] kidding me?
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
SuperVegetto wrote:
Sariachan wrote:

I know, really.
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
SuperVegetto wrote:
Sariachan wrote:

Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
sender wrote:
I need... a Forbes list of Japan... manga+anime+merchandise+things-that-can't-be-classificated... next news will be "One Piece will have his own tematic resort in an artificial island in the Emirates" O.O

A One Piece theme park like the Harry Potter one would be pretty awesome. Get to it, Florida.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
If you don't call the latest battle against spoiler[Kabuto] fanservice, I don't know how you could call it considering the characters who are fighting against him (spoiler[Kabuto]'s design is awesome, by the way, too bad the overall Naruto story isn't anymore, and I'm sad it isn't therefore I am not bashing anything, since I still like Naruto after all... I'm not a blind fan, that's all). Confused

Anyway, back on topic: I wonder if OP will keep selling more and more with each new volume: apparently, Oda is not only keeping most of his old fans' interest, but gaining many new readers over the time. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3