• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JManga Site to Add Night on the Galactic Railroad Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Wow didn't even know there was manga adaptation for this work. Would be nice to see it in printed form but that might be asking too much. But who knows it could happen.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Wow didn't even know there was manga adaptation for this work. Would be nice to see it in printed form but that might be asking too much. But who knows it could happen.

Shannon Garrity says that the movie was based on Hiroshi Masumura’s manga adaptation.

AFAIU, however, this is from the same series of turning fiction (Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment) and nonfiction (Karl Marx's Das Kapital), with Variety Art Works doing the manga for the adaptation.

JManga has answered some enquiries about printing with vague "we have no immediate plans but are looking into it", which could mean anything. I'd not be surprised if it means "if a Print On Demand system becomes available that's neither too much trouble nor too much expense, maybe we'll explore that, right now we've got all we can handle trying to make this site work out".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1