• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noitamina's 2012 Anime Promos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting much from the Noitamina block but wow I'm really interested in a good chunk of the shows this year.

I think I'll pass on Kids on the Slope though. As a band nerd and someone who played trumpet in a jazz band for almost two years I'm going to nit-pick at the show instead of enjoying it.

Tsuritama looks interesting though. I loved Trapeze and C so hopefully it has the same style to it.

Robotics;Notes, I knew this was going to happen. It was stated in an interview last year that 5pb was making the VN with the idea of it being viewed by anime fans. So everyone would be interested in the series and not just VN readers. Still I'm really looking foreword to it given that it's set 9 years after the true ending for S;G. I hope they at least mention the S;G cast.

Psycho-pass from the little sum up I saw it seems like it's going to be kinda like C. Only with emotion and happiness instead of money.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Kids on the Slope looks awesome. Totally looking forward to that.

Tsuritama looks odd. Not sure what it'll be like.

I never watched the first Moyashimon so I doubt I'll watch the sequel.

Natsuyki Rendezvous...eh, who knows. I find it pretty tough to judge a show like that on a trailer. If nothing else it will be something different. You don't see a lot of Josei anime. Plus, the animation director from Madoka

Robotics;Notes looks like it will be full of all the same otaku BS that marred Steins;Gate. Then again, Steins;Gate was actually still decent despite this so it could be worse.

Psycho-Pass is obviously super preliminary so there's nothing to be said about it right now.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Of all the promos streamed, Kids On The Slope is the series I'm looking forward to the most. The animation for the drum play looked pretty good and I'm a fan of Yoko Kanno's work. Robotic;Notes held my interest for the storyline. After viewing the promo, though, not so much anymore. Think it was the design for the robot that was a bit of a turn-off. I'll still give it a chance, but my hopes aren't as high. Though it was simple, the promo for Psycho-pass has me intrigued.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
So everyone wondering if noitaminA wasn't being noitaminA-y enough, there you go!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Robotics;Notes looks like it will be full of all the same otaku BS that marred Steins;Gate. Then again, Steins;Gate was actually still decent despite this so it could be worse.

Robotics;Notes is pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to in the noitamina block this year.

What's interesting about R;N is the main character you play is a fighting game fanatic. I wonder how the hell that interest will play out in the story (You build mechs for rock'em sock'em robots?)
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
darkhappy1 wrote:
You sure about that? Natsuyuki Rendezvous was a josei manga about "a love triangle between Hazuki, a young man who works part time at a flower store, Rokka, the widow who owns the store, and the ghost of Shimao, Rokka's deceased husband." Those characters don't exactly sound like they'd fit in a show for teenagers

No, I'll admit I didn't read descriptions for all of the series listed. Partly my reaction came from watching the trailers. I'll keep an eye out for the show you mentioned.

GhostShell wrote:
Of all the promos streamed, Kids On The Slope is the series I'm looking forward to the most. The animation for the drum play looked pretty good and I'm a fan of Yoko Kanno's work.

The drumming animation caught my eye as well. I was quite impressed with the performance animations in Nodame Cantabile; this drum piece was the best I've seen since then.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
That Psycho Pass teaser trailer was so damn weak!

Psycho-Pass is Megatron. The original one. Laughing

darkhappy1 wrote:

You sure about that? Natsuyuki Rendezvous was a josei manga about "a love triangle between Hazuki, a young man who works part time at a flower store, Rokka, the widow who owns the store, and the ghost of Shimao, Rokka's deceased husband." Those characters don't exactly sound like they'd fit in a show for teenagers...

Sounds almost like Maison Ikkoku, except the ghost there was in the girl's heart. Laughing

ninjapet wrote:

I think I'll pass on Kids on the Slope though. As a band nerd and someone who played trumpet in a jazz band for almost two years I'm going to nit-pick at the show instead of enjoying it.

That's how we are with sports anime! Laughing

ninjapet wrote:

Robotics;Notes, I knew this was going to happen. It was stated in an interview last year that 5pb was making the VN with the idea of it being viewed by anime fans. So everyone would be interested in the series and not just VN readers.

There's so much overlap among VN readers and anime fans that I think a distinction is unnecessary. Laughing

superdry wrote:

What's interesting about R;N is the main character you play is a fighting game fanatic. I wonder how the hell that interest will play out in the story (You build mechs for rock'em sock'em robots?)

Real Steel! Laughing
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
Ian K wrote:
Interesting. It looks like the powers-that-be running the noitaminA block have abandoned their recent flirting with the otaku-market (Black Rock Shooter, Guilty Crown, etc.), and are going back to their josei/artsy roots.

Which is fine by me.

I'm a bit sad that they didn't do another one like No. 6.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
The psycho pass "trailer" is weak because it's a teaser, not a full trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maaya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
And so the decline of noitaminA continues. What distinguishes noitaminA shows from the rest of anime these days? Where are the stories about adults for adults

Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope) is another, award winning, josei title. So, it is aimed at adults despite the main cast still attending high school. Part of the cast are university students, though. Anyway, you might want to give it a try.

Overall this year looks much better for noitamina than the last one, for now (Fractale and AnoHana also did look good at first and both ended up being big disappointments for me).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2