• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami on [adult swim].

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I just saw the promo for samurai 7 and it showed eureka 7 airing on toonami also!!Whats everyone think of this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo0gngueGQE&feature=youtu.be
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Last night during toonami every show trended exept bleach. outlawstar trended also because they aired a promo for it.https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237052865636597762/photo/1 https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237083511935340544/photo/1 [url] https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237075829048352768/photo/1[/url] [url] https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237068849537761280/photo/1 https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237061682940223491/photo/1[/url] https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237064082237313024/photo/1 https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/237047500970807296/photo/1Also in regards to the #Bringbacksarah movement Jason Demarco founder of Toonami tweeted this morning (One note about #BringBackSara movement... It's about $$. Want her back? We need RATINGS. Ratings =$$. More $$ =Sara! Get people watching! Wink

[Mod Edit: You've got a Toonami thread going already, you don't need to keep making new ones. Merged this post with the existing one. - Keonyn]
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
So I don't have cable and don't prefer to have it because I am more or less disinterested in having it. However, I do want Toonami.

What are my options?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
So I don't have cable and don't prefer to have it because I am more or less disinterested in having it. However, I do want Toonami.

What are my options?

There's no streaming option for Toonami, and, unless it suddenly does extremely well, it's not likely to get one. However, there are options for the shows themselves.

Bleach: Crunchyroll (I believe they're all subbed, current with Japan), Hulu (current with Japan, subbed), Viz.com (same as Hulu). The first movie is also available on Netflix streaming.

Samurai 7: Hulu (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation.com (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation's Youtube Channel (dubbed? requires purchase), Netflix (dubbed)

Casshern Sins: Hulu (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation.com (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation Youtube channel (subbed), Netflix (dubbed)

Eureka Seven: Crunchyroll (dubbed or subbed), Hulu (dubbed)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Hulu (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation.com (subbed or dubbed), Netflix (first 39 episodes, dubbed)

Ghost in the Shell: Hulu (first season, first 10 of second season, not sure if dubbed or subbed 'because you have to log in since it's a mature series).

Former new!Toonami
Deadman Wonderland: FUNimation.com (subbed or dubbed), FUNimation Youtube Channel (subbed, first 2 dubbed)

Future(?) new!Toonami
Cowboy Bebop: [adult swim].com (dubbed, requires membership?)

There may be other options, those are what I found off the top of my head. And, of course, there's less-than-legal options as well, which I obviously can't help you with.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I know that I could partake in any of these shows easily. I just miss Toonami itself. Razz
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So wait, thet're bringing back Cowboy Bebop next week and shunt it to the end of the block? God, such fail these idiots......
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
So wait, thet're bringing back Cowboy Bebop next week and shunt it to the end of the block? God, such fail these idiots......

How about they get something that isn't Cowboy Bebop for once. Is that the only airing license they have left?
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
How about they get something that isn't Cowboy Bebop for once. Is that the only airing license they have left?

It's an easy cheap license for them (I think). There's no harm in them keeping it. At this point, NOBODY is twisting ANYBODY'S arm to watch Toonami all the way through 5am for Cowboy Bebop, especially when a bunch of other stuff is airing before it. Frankly I doubt Jason DeMarco thought just anyone, Toonami Faithful or not, could watch all the way through like that. I know I can't. And frankly I'm fine with that. I can go through hour-long FMA Brotherhood and that's it.

Also, for the love of god, enough with the "it's failing, gonna fail or such fail"! Enough! The block hasn't been failing. At the most, the ratings lowered for 2-3 weeks. That's it and that's not much considering how Toonami has been doing overall since its revival. That sort of thing isn't new. Good god, give it a rest with that.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Also, for the love of god, enough with the "it's failing, gonna fail or such fail"! Enough! The block hasn't been failing. At the most, the ratings lowered for 2-3 weeks. That's it and that's not much considering how Toonami has been doing overall since its revival. That sort of thing isn't new. Good god, give it a rest with that.

Well gee, why is it the block is failing? They conned god knows how many people to support a revival of the block, and from day 1 they pretty much failed spectacularly, both Adult Swim and Toonami.

Instead of going full guns blazing with anime that people WANT to see, they pickup obscure and unpopular cheap anime and keep the tired stalwarts on lifelines instead of putting them out of their misery. At this point, the only valid excuse one can even claim why they don't know the ending to Cowboy Bebop or GITS is if they just recently defected from North Korea.

Spend the money now and get people talking about watching the show. Instead of skimping the budget and try to see if s*** sticks to the wall.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Well gee, why is it the block is failing?

No offense Sunday Silence, but I had no curiosity to ask you why the block is failing. In fact, I already got a good idea by now why everyone that's so quick to harshly criticize whatever the block does is doing so. My point is that it's making everyone who keeps saying that sound like a broken record and frankly false since Toonami as isn't really failing right now. Considering it's a late night block now and not a weekday afternoon block anymore. It's currently doing fine. Could it improve? Certainly. I have my own suggestions for the block. But for now, it's doing fine and it's not going anywhere period. If you don't like the way the block is because it's not running the way you or whoever else wanted it to, then too bad. It not really my problem you and other people assumed things and took it critically when you didn't end up having it your way.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
I always DVR Toonami. Have no problem with them bringing back Cowboy Bebop for a end of the block showing.

Just hope they bring some new titles back on for the front end of the block, now that Deadman Wonderland is over, and Casshern Sins is getting ready to end.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Hypeathon wrote:

Well gee, why is it the block is failing? They conned god knows how many people to support a revival of the block, and from day 1 they pretty much failed spectacularly, both Adult Swim and Toonami.

Instead of going full guns blazing with anime that people WANT to see, they pickup obscure and unpopular cheap anime and keep the tired stalwarts on lifelines instead of putting them out of their misery. At this point, the only valid excuse one can even claim why they don't know the ending to Cowboy Bebop or GITS is if they just recently defected from North Korea.

Spend the money now and get people talking about watching the show. Instead of skimping the budget and try to see if s*** sticks to the wall.

And their next acquisitions...two cancelled kids shows from CN proper. And moar Bebop reruns.

I'm a bit sympathetic to the ratings plight, college football is never an easy ratings opponent, and combat sports PPV's are starting to pile up again, but the fact is, people did come in on the nostalgia wave, and when DeMarco replied with Casshern, Samurai 7, and Eureka 7, people jumped right back off. That's where my sympathy ends. They know these shows don't work and air then anyway with the dumbest excuses for doing so.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
And their next acquisitions...two cancelled kids shows from CN proper. And moar Bebop reruns.

I'm a bit sympathetic to the ratings plight, college football is never an easy ratings opponent, and combat sports PPV's are starting to pile up again, but the fact is, people did come in on the nostalgia wave, and when DeMarco replied with Casshern, Samurai 7, and Eureka 7, people jumped right back off. That's where my sympathy ends. They know these shows don't work and air then anyway with the dumbest excuses for doing so.

I just wonder if they can at least salvage it with some anime that will look interesting and look...."different" at this point in the game. Highschool of the Dead, Angel Beats, etc.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
Okay, let's put an end to the whole "what a bunch of hardcore anime fana want vs what Toonami nostalgic fans want vs what Jason DeMarco and the people at Adult Swim want" right here.

Here is something on the Toonami 2012 Facebook page that aummarizes what kind of programming block Toonami was, is and will be. If your on board with what it says, wonderful. If you'r not on board with it, also fine. Stop thinking your arm is being twisted about this sort of thing and don't bother watching or caring for Toonami if you're not going to get what you want. Instead, watch what you really like to watch however way you it, be it on dvd/blu-ray, Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Neon Alley, illegal streams, whatever floats you goddamn boat.

Just stop... obssessing with how one programming block should be in your mind and stick to whatever alternative you've been sticking to instead of bitching about what you're not getting it non-stop just so you can start conflicts in a few threads. That's just starting s*** that's not necessary for people who believe it or not, are actually enjoying Toonami right now.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
So rather than air stuff an adult audience will want, Toonami will air kids shows and shows incapable of getting an adult audience because of the personal taste of a few. Gotcha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 16