• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo Anime's 2nd Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Now I wonder if ANN will get the streaming rights again.

Doubtful. The season ANN had the first series was their first and last simulcasts.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this is not an april fools joke. Otherwise, it's a cruel joke that would anger fans.

It's a real, I'm hoping it'll air by next spring.
Keima-kun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
I LIKE the news today!
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
OreImo Fan wrote:
I just wanted to sign up so I can say lol @ RyanSaotome and anyone else naive enough to believe this isn't an April Fools joke. I love Ore no Imouto and must have watched it at least 50 times since it first started October 2010, but this clearly an April Fools joke. Stop spouting out lame justifications about sponsors or stockholders or whatever else and face the music. April Fools is certainly an appropriate name, we're only a few hours into the month and already we've shown ourselves to be quite the fools. :/

Ok ya, the cast of the show that you love so much would go so out of their way to announce a fake season 2 announcement at an official anime event just to get a laugh out of a bad joke on April 1st. That would anger and betray so many fans it is not even funny. Your going to look really stupid when this turns about to be the real deal.
OreImo Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
I would feel stupid if I was wrong, yes... but somehow I doubt I'm going to eat my words. If you feel like getting your hopes up over an obvious joke, then more power to you I guess; how easily people forget Haruhi Season 2. Japan thinks the destination is more important than the journey, hence why they don't care about spoilers that much, and they're very relaxed about the time it takes to reach that destination - the Japanese people think jokes like these are funny, and they are very commonly employed the 1st of April. But whatever, think what you want. Meanwhile I'm just going to be standing over here with a few grains of salt in my hand.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
What're they gonna call it, the Truest end? Laughing
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
What're they gonna call it, the Truest end? Laughing

Don't know, but it was probably stupid to put that as the title for the 4 specials. When they probably knew that it'd eventually get another season.

There's still quite a bit of material that they have yet to animate. If you're really interested like I was, look at it's wiki page to see how far the characters have developed and what has been revealed. It'll kill the surprise during the anime, but it's weird the routes this story is going.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote
Now Aniplex, rerelease season 1 in a way that's actually easy for people to get.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quote
OreImo Fan wrote:
I would feel stupid if I was wrong, yes... but somehow I doubt I'm going to eat my words. If you feel like getting your hopes up over an obvious joke, then more power to you I guess; how easily people forget Haruhi Season 2. Japan thinks the destination is more important than the journey, hence why they don't care about spoilers that much, and they're very relaxed about the time it takes to reach that destination - the Japanese people think jokes like these are funny, and they are very commonly employed the 1st of April. But whatever, think what you want. Meanwhile I'm just going to be standing over here with a few grains of salt in my hand.

Prepare to feel stupid.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So Kirino is going to end up pregnant, right? But the brother will not take responsibility and Kirino will lop his head of while he's sleeping with an axe, right? And then Kuroneko will slit Kirino's throat, cut the foetus out, put it in her satchel and ride a train into the sunset, right? And then "Nice train" will become an infamous meme for years to come, right?

Right?

One can dream . . . . . .

Man, I wish. Garbage in, garbage out as they say.
rejer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
So was there anything interesting going on between the Kousaka siblings in the recent novels? Or Kyousuke just keep dating with Kuroneko or Ayase or other girls and just trying the be a "proper" brother to Kirino just like he did in the first season?

It really sucks that while it's trying to be a work " features imoutos", there's nothing that kind of development which make you think it is and fans like the side characters more than the sister. (I don't read the novels so maybe things might be different now but w/e...)

I wonder if there won't be another awesome series like Yosuga no Sora. It will be hard, without any good alternatives to watch along with this.
I really want to watch anime featuring the cute "real" sister as the main heroine. Maybe they will do an anime for Imouto no Katachi (yeah, without smutty scenes) if it be prove to successful.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote
Well, the Japanese website for Oreimo is making the same "second season" announcement ANN is, so if this is an enormous April troll, it's on Dengeki, not ANN......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Eh. I never really liked this show much.

Not surprising that this got another season.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
Between this and Nana Mizuki doing the main song for "Blood-C", today is probably the best April Fool's Day ever. Words cannot describe how excited I am for this news; "Oreimo" is one of the most genuine and heartfelt anime comedy/drama series I've ever watched, and getting more of it is just a dream come true. Happy times, indeed.
SecretJustin1130

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
Kyosuke_ wrote:
More Kuroneko is always a good thing.

And Kirino needs a lobotomy.

& Ayase should be killed off, preferably in a death similar to that of spoiler[Megumi] in Shiki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12