• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cyborg 009 Story Finale Made Into Manga Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindwraith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
This show scarred me as a child more than any other. But i'm still incredibly curious to see how this ends.
barrelroller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing a few episodes of the anime on Toonami. I had no idea the guy behind it died, I always wondered how a manga would end up if the original author would unexpectedly pass on.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
barrelroller wrote:
I remember seeing a few episodes of the anime on Toonami. I had no idea the guy behind it died, I always wondered how a manga would end up if the original author would unexpectedly pass on.

The funny thing is that Cyborg 009 did actually end originally, and the most-recent adaptation of the manga, which aired on Toonami, covered up to that original ending.

The only thing was that fans loved the series so much that when that original ending happened the fans demanded more, and Ishinomori ended up doing more... And then he died, resulting in Cyborg 009 being "unfinished", even though he had originally ended it once.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
The funny thing is that Cyborg 009 did actually end originally, and the most-recent adaptation of the manga, which aired on Toonami, covered up to that original ending.

The only thing was that fans loved the series so much that when that original ending happened the fans demanded more, and Ishinomori ended up doing more... And then he died, resulting in Cyborg 009 being "unfinished", even though he had originally ended it once.

The original ending with spoiler[009 and 002 falling towards the Earth like a shooting star] is a such beautiful scene, I was surprised that the show didn't end there. If you count the OVA, it covered the manga until the unfinished Greek gods arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1