• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Symphonia OVA Sequel Series Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote
Ha! There's no way the producers are leaving the audience hanging considering the last OVA ended with spoiler[ Lloyd and the gang going to Teth'alla.] (well, it's not really a spoiler, but I did it anyways just in case)
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 am Reply with quote
Even though a 50-episode series would have been more ideal given TOS' massive story, I'm glad they went with 8 OVAs instead of 4. Gives it more of a faithful feel, even if only a little.

Still need to see the 4th one, because I've heard spoiler[Lloyd attacking Remiel is made even more awesome than it is the game.] Also, I really hope this gets licensed soon, since it has a sequel for the Wii, TOS' fanbase should still be pretty large.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

Still need to see the 4th one, because I've heard spoiler[Lloyd attacking Remiel is made even more awesome than it is the game.]

It was actually pretty dramatic and cool.

Quote:
Also, I really hope this gets licensed soon, since it has a sequel for the Wii, TOS' fanbase should still be pretty large.

If it gets licensed here, I hope whoever gets it makes an effort in getting the original English VAs to reprise their roles. I mean for instance, Cam Clarke is and shall always freakin' be Kratos! Surprised
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote
i loved Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube(well actually i love all of the Tales of games) so im looking forward to this ova being dubbed eventually. i dont own a nintendo wii so im basically screwed with the sequel game well at least for now
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
I wish the first series would be released over here in the US already, I was a huge fan of the game, and the animation looks nice, imo.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I wish the first series would be released over here in the US already, I was a huge fan of the game, and the animation looks nice, imo.

I'm not sure if it would be licensed over here, since it was released by Geneon in Japan.
Is it possible a different company could license it instead...?
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I really could not stand the original OVA. It changed sooooo much from the game that it was insulting. Even the spoilers were wrong...

I mean, if you're going to spoil what happens in the game, at least spoil it correctly <_<.

I really hope this one stays truer to the actual game's plot. Not saying do exactly what happened in the game, but at least keep the plot order ...
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Since Funimation is just distributing some Geneon titles, I would say Funimation might get the license. Either get the whole license or just the rights to distribute it depending exactly how much Geneon still works in America.

Anyway I am very happy they decided to continue it. I sort of had the feeling they had forgotten all about it. But well, I am happy now.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I'm glad they are making the next part. But to be honest, this would've been done better as a 24-episode series.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
YES! I enjoyed the anime adaptation, and ever since I heard that the cast members essentially promised the continuation of the ova in the Tethe'alla arc, I've been really hoping that promise would be kept. When the TOS sequel hit Japan, it was disheartening to hear no news of it yet (really, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out how great of a promotional tie-in it would be to announce it/release it just before TKotR hit shelves), but now and happy.

Yeah, it would be awesome if a licensor got it, espeially as we get closer to the sequel coming stateside in November. I was actually pondering to use that as a basis for a potential question to Zac before, which would ask what would happen to the likelihood of anime titles in Japan (that were originally affiliated with/owned by Geneon) being licensed here ever since Geneon lost a substanial place in the US market, particularly with relatively niche' licenses like ToS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote
I just finished the sequel game to the original and I've got to say I think it would be great to see them do something it with it after they do the 2nd half of ToS.

I also liked the new VAs in the sequel, with JYB and Laura Bailey being the 2 main characters. I would really love to see a license for Tales at any point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1