• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haiyoru! Nyaruani / Nyaruko-san: Another Crawling Chaos (ONA/TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12

That was a nice ending. I gave the series a GOOD on ANN. It was much better than I expected. Some of the moments were hilarious. Especially the Kuuko moments. She was an awesome character. No doubt she had the best line in the finale- "If you become my wife, then your wife Nyarko will also be mine"
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
It was a good ending for one of my guilty pleasures: the cute and enthusiastic otaku character. It's been played out with Haganai, Oreimo, and Hayate no Gotoku before them, but I don't care. This is one gravy truck anime producers can ride from Sapporo to Kagoshima.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Oh god the reveal Laughing , they always come out of left field and make me laugh. Didn't see that it was spoiler[a ploy by the butler to take Ghutatan, and use her to play erotic games, but when Mahiro said kids should not play them, used Ghutatan to make Mahiro to be in an imaginary world. And expected the first thing Mahiro would do alone in a world, would be to a legendary store and play erotic game.] I guess it plays into Ghutatan being Ghatanothoa, who apparently spoiler[turns people into living mummies.]

It really followed a standard plot for final episode: spoiler[our main character realize the importance of his friends, characters have a kick-ass fight, and finish with a party and hijinks.] I did not have any problems really any problems, except perhaps that they were playing on the idea of harem ending, and almost that they spoiler[put Ghutatan as another mysterious transfer, but seems to just be a visit.], I think it was only done for irony's sake. Also I am not sure why Cthulhu would have some sort of ice lance.

Oh, and Shantak seems to have joined in the harem.

I really enjoyed this show, I knew I would, and I was not really disappointed, the flexibility if its story has me hoping for further stuff later on.

Harem shot

Although the bed one was a little creepier.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
and a berserk reference in the last fight. way to go out with style.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I did not have any problems really any problems, except perhaps that they were playing on the idea of harem ending, and almost that they spoiler[put Ghutatan as another mysterious transfer, but seems to just be a visit.], I think it was only done for irony's sake.
It took me a moment to realize spoiler[Ghutatan wasn't transferring] - though the fact that we're so wired to expect it made for a great gag(and the look on their faces was priceless).
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote
I'll be honest here. I enjoyed this series despite my initial dislike of the parody genre. Not much else to say but I liked all the parody references and Kūko's priceless expressions/failed attempts at Nyaruko Laughing

Good score enough for me Cool

Now, I might watch Acchi Koichi next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I think I'm going to end up rating it Excellent. I really can't think of any better series immediately in this category. I guess for comedies I really liked School Rumble also, but it also had some not great episodes.

Hmm..
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well, for a show I initially had no intention of watching from the get-go, this turned out to be ridiculously entertaining. Although, regarding the ending, I know I really shouldn't have, but spoiler[I was hoping for Mahiro to give in and accept Nyarko's kiss.] That would have been nice, but oh well. Hilarious show Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
Anyone start reading Lovecraft from this show? I certainly read a bit more to prepare myself, but I had already been familiar with a few stories from well earlier. Knowing that stuff makes the references and the entire humor of the show stand out more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
yeah I was reading some Lovecraft, I plan on reading some more later.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
Was already quite familiar with Lovecraft and Derleth from my high school interest in his stuff. Really enjoyed the ending honestly. Love that they faked out that Ghuta had transferred into Mahiro's class. I would have liked Tamao to have been included in the group hug honestly. After her forlorn expression as she was talking to the alien who had taken over body about her unrequited feelings for Mahiro I was slightly 'rooting' for her to find some happiness, which is probably odd for such a minor character.

An enjoyable parody/comedy. Stumbled a bit every now and then, but pretty much always got a laugh out of me each episode. Would like to see it get a second season to continue adapting the light novel content eventually.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 Ep 1

Yay my favorite parody anime has returned. Anyone know why some sequels just have a letter? Like the 2nd season of Railgun is called S. I think this was the first time Mahiro explained why he doesn't want to be with Nyaruko, unless I forgot him doing it in the first season. I didn't catch many references in this episode. There was the posters of Ore No Kanojo in the anime store and Kuuko cosplaying as a Men in Black.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 episode 1

Finally found this one after searching through in Index. Anyways, nice first episode and ALOT of references. At least I think there were a couple of spoiler[Oreshura] in there.

But ya, the spoiler[locker scene was pretty funny and the scenes at the cafe]. Not a bad start so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
You'd have to be really young to miss that Bewitched reference, or just never saw Nick at Nite.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You'd have to be really young to miss that Bewitched reference, or just never saw Nick at Nite.

I would guess at least 65% of the target market is too young to have seen the original Bewitched. It was so well done I had a sense of deja vu before I realized what they were doing.

So many references/parodies: Bewitched, Men In Black, Indiana Jones, Lucky Star ... goes on and on. I'm sure I missed most of them.

It was good to get a confirmation, missing from the first season IIRC, of why Mahiro is so resistant to Nyarko's charms. He really sees her as a malignant being whose true form is anything but cute.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 14