• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Vesperia Film's English Dub Clips Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Dimlos wrote:
Just sounds like someone trying to do a bad impersonation of her voice.

First of all, it's most likely Cherami Leigh just by the sound of her voice. Second of all, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that whoever was the voice director for the show told Cherami Leigh to sound as much like Danielle Judovits as possible. Unless there's a certain character in a show where there isn't much to his/her characterization in the first place and the character itself is not meant to be taken all that seriously (I heard somewhere this happened in Fairy Tail where the bad guy in the first episode, Bora who was voice by Ian Sinclair, was told to do a bad J. Michael Tatum impersonation by Tyler Walker), then it's not really great judgment to assume that's how actors are directed for acting the role of a character.

Not sure which character it was since I haven't played the game yet, but one of the voices was definitely Cherami Leigh, and cherami is not a bad voice actress at all, and honestly I don't think Danielle Judovits has such a great voice herself Razz I'd prefer Cherami honestly. You're right when you talked about the directors, half the times the characters are annoying because of the way the director wanted it, the va's will even admit some of their characters are super annoying. In fact Cherami said one of her characters (can't remember which) was really annoying when I went to her panel last month.
Yukimi-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Voicing my agreement that the article be amended to say that the movie is a prequel. I think most people are assuming it's like previous "Tales of" anime where it's basically a rehashing of the game storyline.

It's not an animated rehash of the game storyline. It's about Flynn and Yuri in their first unit after getting out of the academy.

I really liked this movie, and it actually inspired me to get and play the game. But I think there will be fans of the game who will be disappointed in this movie, since there are three game characters who don't make an appearance. At all.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't know anything about the games, but the promos looked good for the movie. I might check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2