• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds tsuritama TV Anime Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Sakamichi no Apollon --> Mysterious Girlfriend X --> Tsuritama

seems CR is finally revealing the big ones they got for the season
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Of course, the two SHAFT studio spin-off titles remain untouched: Jormungand (White Fox) and Tasoare Otome x Amnesia (Silver Link), not to mention NisiOsin's Medaka Box and KyoAni's Hyouka. The last one's air date is still a bit far off though.

At least CR gets the second best set....I guess. Or rather I should say third best since Fate/Zero is in a class of its own.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Irabu was great so I've been hoping someone would grab this. Johnny Quest and high school friends get into shenanigans in Japan.

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Of course, the two SHAFT studio spin-off titles remain untouched: Jormungand (White Fox) and Tasoare Otome x Amnesia (Silver Link), not to mention NisiOsin's Medaka Box and KyoAni's Hyouka. The last one's air date is still a bit far off though.

There's always a chance that Funico will pick it up in their usual simulcast means 7 weeks late fashion. I still lol when I think about the ANN article that said it was game over for Crunchyroll now that Funico was here and that CR would be lucky to get the scraps that fell from the Funico table. I wonder how many years it will take for them to even be equal in quantity and quality of simulcasts, let alone actually dominate.

Last edited by Mr. sickVisionz on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
AFLAC!
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Of course, the two SHAFT studio spin-off titles remain untouched: Jormungand (White Fox) and Tasoare Otome x Amnesia (Silver Link), not to mention NisiOsin's Medaka Box

Oh yes. What ever shall we do if we are forced to settle for the second rate likes of Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama instead of such top calibre gems as Medaka Box. Truly this would be a tragedy for the ages.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Very glad to see this happen, especially with CR's 1080p capabilities. It looks like the kind of show that'll pop out well under that resolution. It's gotten to the point with them now where I am actively wishing for certain shows to get streamed on CR. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
oh yeah now i remember, I was also looking forward to tsuritama. Yay, thank you Crunchyroll!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:40 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Of course, the two SHAFT studio spin-off titles remain untouched: Jormungand (White Fox) and Tasoare Otome x Amnesia (Silver Link), not to mention NisiOsin's Medaka Box and KyoAni's Hyouka. The last one's air date is still a bit far off though..

Medaka Box is likely to be a Funico simulcast, given that it is handled by Media Factory.

I am hoping Nico Nico will announce their simulcasts this weekend (although it will probably be at least another week or more before they actually start). Thus far, we have only one series announced by Funimation.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Oh yes. What ever shall we do if we are forced to settle for the second rate likes of Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama instead of such top calibre gems as Medaka Box. Truly this would be a tragedy for the ages.

Kids on the Slope is fine, but Tsuritama was not a pleasant viewing experience for me. The alien was utterly unlikeable and the red-head kid completely unrelatable. Those faces he made were ridiculous too, especially as they weren't a metaphor but something he was actually doing. If I saw him make a face like that I'd call an ambulance.

Funny how the drool from Mysterious Girlfriend X didn't bother me and yet those demon faces from Tsuritama did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1