• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Sankarea Zombie Comedy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Did Funi see the success of High School of the Dead and decide to grab anything with zombies? LOL Anyway, the promotional art isn't doing anything for me and it doesn't sound like something I would be interested in. I will be skipping it for now.
I think your absolutely right.

Funimation is NOW trying to see if they can get some success on this "Zombie ecchi" genre that S23/Sentai has found in HOTD.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Sweet but why didn't they get the other zombie anime (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead)
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
You really should actually read threads you post in.
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
YES YES YES WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH DUDE!!! Next Mysterious Girlfriend X!

People please watch this so we can get this on Blu-ray and FUNi DON"T cast Todd Haberkornin this show please!! Use someone else!

I don't really see Tood Haberkorn fitting the main character's demeanor here. Then again, that's just me.

Regardless, I'm happy they got this. Will defintely watch stream and buy as well unless the show deviates too much from the manga (and isn't a interesting deviation).
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
This was very expected. With the Zombie craze and success of HOTD for Sentai, how could FUNi pass on something like this?
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
macloud wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Annnd Funimation continues to disappoint.

Once I pick up Vesperia, nothing of them will be of interest to me.

You think its bad? try being a UK fan.
fiver says it wont be available to us - unless crunchyroll or anime on demand get it.

More than likely if either of the two are to get it, it would be Anime On Demand. I doubt Funimation would want to partner up with Crunchyroll now and I doubt Crunchyroll having a UK site changes how they license shows.

Also good pick Funi.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
For f*ck's sake people, can we have ONE goddamn announcement that doesn't get swamped with a bunch of hate and cynical armchair economics?

Why so damn cynical, people?
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I was hopeing someone would pick this up legally...I'll be watching Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
so funi want zombie love anime ok then let see who they going to cast on the dub on it?
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Another year or 2 to wait before I get to spent my money on this anime...
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Another year or 2 to wait before I get to spent my money on this anime...

That's common nowadays. Just add at least a six month lead time to the date of the last home media release in Japan.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Did Funi see the success of High School of the Dead and decide to grab anything with zombies? LOL Anyway, the promotional art isn't doing anything for me and it doesn't sound like something I would be interested in. I will be skipping it for now.

I don't think so lol, Highschool of the Dead was like full blast ecchi, panty shots, blood, sex, gore and all that stuff. This doesn't appear like an anime to be anything like that ( maybe ecchi and panties )
~I think It's more related to them licensing Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, zombie-comedy and that. but that's just what IM saying.

I was just referring to the fact that they all had zombies. I wasn't comparing them in any other way. It's sort of like comparing different series that just both happen to have Mecha in them, like Rahxephon and Gundam. Regardless, zombies are pretty popular the moment.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet but why didn't they get the other zombie anime (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead)

Who says they didn't?

Neither CR or Funimation have announced it, and Nico Nico hasn't announced anything yet. But there is no way that a Kadokawa series (especially this one) would go unlicensed by both CR and Funico.

Provided were stakes of some value in return, I would literally stake my life on Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead being simulcast. The only question is by which company.

Given that no simulcast was announced before it aired in Japan, the signs say Funico, although I am still hoping CR will also get it, even if it ends up being on a one week delay from Funico's stream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2