• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Berserk Film Trilogy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sima Yi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Viz takes this series more seriously than they did with poor Monster, which is still a sore spot. If you can't be bothered to release something all of the way through, then you shouldn't licence it in the first place.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Sima Yi wrote:
Hopefully Viz takes this series more seriously than they did with poor Monster, which is still a sore spot. If you can't be bothered to release something all of the way through, then you shouldn't licence it in the first place.

It's mostly because no one bought it and it's a long show.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I understand why Monster isn't sold on dvd since no one bought it. But...I would like to have legal access to the dub of this series. Just out of curiosity.

Honestly, I think Viz does a pretty good job with Naruto's dub. There's a few good actors in that troupe.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
At least Viz finally said something regarding Inuyasha. I'd be curious to know just what held that up for so long.

And consider me surprised that Viz is the one coming up with the license for Berserk. I'm looking forward to that.

bleachj0j wrote:
Sima Yi wrote:

It's mostly because no one bought it and it's a long show.

Exactly. While it may stink for fans of the show, you can't really expect a company to continue taking losses when margins are already paper thin.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
AFAIK some of the Inuyasha dub VAs aren't even in the business anymore. Laughing
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 am Reply with quote
rockman: I didn't say what kind of series, just a series.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow didn't expect this. Looking forward to seeing this. Hope it's good.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Ranemoraken wrote:
I understand why Monster isn't sold on dvd since no one bought it. But...I would like to have legal access to the dub of this series. Just out of curiosity.

Well, the entire thing is streaming on Hulu (both sub and dub), its also on iTunes and PSN (probably Xbox as well, but I dont have one so I cant check). They may not be ideal but there are alternatives available legally.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Was not expecting this. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully they splurge on a top-notch dubbing job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Prodigit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Man,
Berserk was a piece of art, in line with the hokuto series!

I seriously doubt it's ever going to become this good like the series.
It wouldn't surprise me if they released Berserkie, the cutest puri puri magic boy of school city soon...

To have these movies where human psychology is shown in war is something completely different than showing some nice graphics and mellow story line.

The berserk series where out to a good start, please don't mess it up.

also, from the previews I've seen, the movie is pretty much a graphically updated version of the series. Same story line, minor variations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4