• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast New Lupin III TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Although I'm not the biggest Lupin fan, I love Sayo Yamamoto's Michiko to Hatchin and I'm curious to see how a female director will handle a series with a VERY male lead. Very interesting....
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome pick up Smile

The staff involved has me really excited for the new Lupin.

Can't wait to see more of the show after the first ep, and knowing now it's pretty likely it'll eventually be getting a dual-audio BD for that gorgeous animation (and a good Funi dub) in the future is great Smile
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I too am surprised Funimation got digital rights to the recent Lupin series. After they haven't done anything since re-releasing the 10 movies they licensed half a decade ago and then the DVDs became out of print after that.

But besides no new re-releases on the Lupin TV specials 1993-2000 or the last two theatrical films. I find this news to be a good one. I wanted to see the newest Lupin series, and seeing a legal streaming of this series is just what the doctor ordered. It be cool to see Funimation get DVD/Blu-ray licensing rights to the series. Other wise I'm fine with Discotek or some other company ditributing it's US home releases. For now legal streaming on the series is cool in my book.

I too agree that if Funimation was able to dub the series in English, they'd be able to recast Sonny Strait, Chris Sabat, & Mike McFarland again since those guys are still doing voice work for Funimation. While Zenigata & Fujiko's original English dub actors wouldn't likely to repraise their roles. I'd be surprised if they did manage to get those two back, but otherwise I'm fine with a recast for those two roles. A very similar situation when certain FMA & DB actors didn't repraise their roles either cause they weren't avalible or cause they don't feel like doing the voice of their own character again.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
I too agree that if Funimation was able to dub the series in English, they'd be able to recast Sonny Strait, Chris Sabat, & Mike McFarland again since those guys are still doing voice work for Funimation. While Zenigata & Fujiko's original English dub actors wouldn't likely to repraise their roles. I'd be surprised if they did manage to get those two back, but otherwise I'm fine with a recast for those two roles. A very similar situation when certain FMA & DB actors didn't repraise their roles either cause they weren't avalible or cause they don't feel like doing the voice of their own character again.
Maybe it would be a good opportunity for them to cast someone who can do Zenigata's voice properly this time.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
...While Zenigata & Fujiko's original English dub actors wouldn't likely to reprise their roles. I'd be surprised if they did manage to get those two back, but otherwise I'm fine with a recast for those two roles.

Well, if we indulge in getting ahead of ourselves to play the fantasy English dub game, I'd like to hear Colleen Clinkenbeard as Fujiko. She had a terrific cunning femme fatale voice as Claudia McCunnen in Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Maybe it would be a good opportunity for them to cast someone who can do Zenigata's voice properly this time.
His voice wasn't too bad, specially when it was the same voice actor who originally did Android 19's voice, except he used a more higher tone voice and I don't recall meeting many people who liked Android 19 as much as the more popular androids from DBZ. But compared to Geneon's Zenigata, I do admit that Funimation's Zenigata wasn't witty, but still past the test as a frustrated interpol cop.

Quote:
Well, if we indulge in getting ahead of ourselves to play the fantasy English dub game, I'd like to hear Colleen Clinkenbeard as Fujiko. She had a terrific cunning femme fatale voice as Claudia McCunnen in Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~.
She's the only voice actress I see as a suitable replacement for any character previously voiced by Meredith Mccoy.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this. The concept of new Lupin just has me pumped.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/lupin-the-third-the-woman-called-fujiko-mine-simulcast-on-funimationcom/3001701

Quote:
Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine Simulcast on FUNimation.com

Friday April 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm by Rojas

The Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine simulcast has launched on FUNimation.com. The first two episodes are now available.

Simulcast will air every Friday at 12:30 pm ET/11:30 am CT.

For more information, check out the official show page at http://www.funimation.com/lupin-the-third-fujiko-mine

Wow, color me surprised.
They were pretty quick on this one.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they got BOTH episodes up. I expected only the first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I honestly expected them to drag their feet for at least another week. I've been looking forward to this series for a while; I'm pretty excited about getting to see it.

I hope that they're pretty quick with Jormungand too. That's less of a sure bet to me, but I'm still interested.

I wonder if this will ever be on NicoNico too. It hardly matters, but it would be slightly, slightly more convenient for me if it were. For an entertainment Death Star, it's somewhat less than a fully armed and operational battle station.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4