• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Thermae Romae, Anything and Something, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LauraOrganaSolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
1. Oh Em Eff Gee finally an official English release of something, ANYTHING Umineko.

2. Who is responsible for this badly researched, misinforming garbage description, Yen Press or ANN?

"Murder mystery software" makes it sound like a game and a simple glance to Wikipedia would tell you that neither the anime nor the fighting game are based off the manga -- all of them are based off of the visual novel.

Even the link within this blurb to the announcement of the anime states that the anime is based off the VN.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
LauraOrganaSolo wrote:

2. Who is responsible for this badly researched, misinforming garbage description, Yen Press or ANN?

Yen Press' site says Umineko is "a manga adaptation of the mystery visual novel series." So maybe ANN wrote it?

EqualizerIsDeath wrote:
If umineko is hardcover and has color pages it will make this news that much better

Yen Press always includes color pages, but I doubt it will be hardcover. Yen Press reserves hardcover books for series like A Bride's Story and Romae Thermae or special releases like the Highschool of the Dead full-color omnibus.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Meh, not really anything that interests me personally aside from maybe Anything and Something, sounds like a decent anthology.

Triage X might be fun, I enjoy HSOTD, but the cover is kind of a turn off, I like over the top stuff at times, but eh...not really sure. havta do some good old fashioned google research on that one.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
While I am very happy Umineko is getting released, I absolutely hate omnibus editions. With individual volumes you get different cover art and they make the collection look nice and plentiful. With an omnibus it makes the collection look smaller and bulky. I would gladly pay slightly more for two individual volumes than one big volume.

Regardless I am ecstatic that it is atleast getting a English release. Now if only someone would do something about the rest of Higurashi and the Umineko anime Very Happy (although it seems here lately all the companies have forgotten about older anime in favor of the new stuff)
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy that the Umineko manga is finally licensed Very Happy . I will definitely be buying it the day it comes out.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
I knew My Fanatic Rabbit would be licensed. As Seven Seas has the Ichijinsha titles, their only option is the Mad Garden stuff. Meaning this, and the Visual Fanbook.

Some good stuff here, though. I'll definitely be jumping on Thermae Romae. I like Blood Lad's style, but I'm not much of an ecchie/romance person. But it does remind me...How about licensing the Square Enix title Hell Hell?

Now I'm seriously getting psyched. With all the Alice manga counterparts coming out here, at last I feel like I can get into it and not be left hanging.

Thermae Romae struck me as a truly absurd series, so I'll definitely give it a chance for that alone. Sampled enough of Blood Lad to wanna see where it goes, and as I'm already a fan of Higurashi, Umineko is right there on my list.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Triage X is the title I'm looking most forward to from those listed in the article. I'm a fan of Shouji Sato's artwork, especially after reading the colour omnibus of HOTD. Thought Yen Press did an excellent job with that book. I guess Triage X is what Sato's been working on since HOTD went on hiatus.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's probably the best manga announcement I've ever seen! Way to go Yen!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3